Thursday, March 24, 2011

A masculine card & The Most Eligible Bachelor

I recently returned from my very first visit to Utah to visit my favorite cousin and my uncle. They both planned a PERFECT visit for me. I want to make them thank you cards, and I immediately thought to use these "Granola" papers from BasicGrey. I went in search of blog challenges for inspiration and I found some:
My ribbon was off of a gift wrapped package and my "photo corner" is a scrap of leather. My CASE (copy and share everything) is using the sketch from Julee's card (below):

This card will go to my wonderful cousin, Scott (the world's most eligible bachelor.) He took me to several area scrapbooking stores and shopped right along with me. He even made a few camping-theme purchases to make some art projects with his 4yo son. How cool is he as a dad? (I promise you, he's more than cool a cool dad and man...he's arctic!!!) I purchased these small bingo cards by Jenni Bowlin. The embossing folder is "Spots & Dots" by Cuttlebug.

XOXOXOXOX Scott :) This card is for you.

8 comments:

AN said...

Hieno ja tyylikäs kortti-hillitty-kaunis!
Kiitos osallistumisesta ABC-haasteseen
Oikein paljon onnea arvontaan
Ihanaa kevään jatkoa sinulle!

alienanessa said...

hehehehe I thought maybe that was Finnish spam, but I did a google translation and she wrote something so nice!! Cool!!

I am SO stinkin glad you had such fun! I would LOVE to have a family member who would actually "plan" fun things for you to do while visiting!! Man, that's awesome! That bottom card, with all the colors and textures and little decorating touches, I am seriously swooning big time over that! What a delicious job you did, wowza!

alienanessa said...

And I meant "that top card, your card..." Sure wish I could delete some comments, ya know?!

Nana Donna said...

June love your card, I got Janome last year just for sewing on my cards and I love it. It is so light and portable and sews great

Jacqui P said...

Oh my goodness This is a perfect mans card!! for the perfect men too by the sounds of things!!! Lol!! I love the colours you have used simply scrummy!! thankyou so much for joining us this week over at basic grey!!
Hugs
Jacqui P

Shauna K said...

great CASE- love the papers you chose :D

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, June...this sure is a fantastic masculine card! Love the rich earth tones and that fabulous sentiment! Not mushy at all! So glad to have you playing along with us at CASE Study!

lauren bergold said...

oof! BRILLIANT case! such a gorgeous "guy card"...definitely arctic enough for said fabbbbbbulous cuz! :) :) :)