Sunday, April 12, 2009

Cuttlebug Embossed Vellum Easter Treat Bag

We're back from a week + of travelling to visit relatives. I don't know about you, but I was having major blog withdrawal symptoms. I created very little...not by choice, just due to limited supplies I was able to pack. I may be getting in on two challenges at the last minute with this treat bag. One being Cuttlebug Challenges 26: Cuttlebug and Vellum Make Great Easter Projects. The other being The Cuttlebug Spot Challenge #25: Easter Treat Containers. I used my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, my SU! Top Note die, my new EK Success border punch (I purchased while travelling...YES, I packed my ACMoore and Michael's coupons!) All punches are SU! The cardstock is Augusta Green linen and Ponderosa Pine linen (both from XPEDX), pink Bazzill, and white cardstock. The brads and butterfly are from my mom's stash. The "&" is a rub-on and the names are stickers I purchased from Michael's.
I also used a Michael's coupon to buy another box of DCWV cards. I used my new Martha border punch and DCWV decorative paper from the Nana's Kids mat stack. I also packed my scrap ribbon bag from Leslie. See that itty bitty white ribbon? Thanks to Leslie, I made 3 cards like this one :)

14 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

ROTFL! You call that RIBBON?!?!?! LOL!

Cute cards. Good luck with the challenges! You are on a roll, woman!

Girlsinthecraft said...

Wow, both of those are just as cute as they can be! I am loving the EK Success border punch. I think it is the one my friend bought the last one of when I was with her so I wasn't able to get it :( I love what you did with it---alternating three layers, just perfect---great effect!..........d

Kristie said...

That treat bag looks divine and your card is so cute. Love both of them ♥

Allison said...

these are adorable
thanks for playing this week
Cuttlehugs
AllisonX

Mrs J said...

June, these are such gorgeous creations! I love the treat bag, so simple but elegant, I think the recipiants are going to love it! Thanks for playing along with us again this week at http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/
Hugs Mrs Jx

danni reid. said...

ADORABLE!!!

thank you for the beautiful inspiration over @ www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Christine said...

What a lovely treat bag! Anyone would be blessed to receive such a beautifully wrapped gift as that, June!

Your card is simply adorable...I love the row of flowers (are they glittered?)! Beautiful work!

Thanks so much for sharing this project and for participating at the Cuttlebug Challenge blog!

Windy Hills said...

The candy bag is fabulous and the candy looks just as delicious as your expert cardmaking design.  Another fabulous job--well done!

Unknown said...

Really beautiful creations!

Amber said...

What beautiful creations!!! Just love the candy topper, such sweet colors. And your card is darling...the MS scallop punch is my favorite for now:) Thanks for joining us at CB Challenge.
Amber

Nathalia Castellon said...

June, that treat bag is soooo pretty! That's packaging that definitely won't get thrown out! Love it!

Lea L. said...

Such a cute treat bag!! Love it! Great job with Be Inspired 26...thanks for joining us at the Cuttlebug Challenge this week!

~Lea

Meda said...

Yummy!
Thank you for joining this challenge at the Cuttlebug Challenge BlogI love that pink little butterfly!
Meda

Maggie Lamarre said...

June:
this is so gorgeous :)
thank you so much for participating :)
You will be featured on the http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com April 16th, 2009
Thanks
Maggie