This week's Jingle Belles challenge is "Reindeer Games." My favorite Cricut reindeer is this little cutie from the Create A Critter cartridge. I used the "flip" function button on my Cricut Expression so that he faces left instead of to the right.
This card was made completely from my paper scraps! I chose the background paper and sewed it onto the card using a small zig-zag stitch. Then I cut various scallop border sizes and tree borders using my Cricut in both white and green card stock. I layered the scallops (snow drifts) with foam tape squares. I colored the tree trunks with a chocolate chip marker, then glued the green trees to the white card stock. I painted the tops of the trees with white acrylic paint, then added glitter glue.
I added a red gem to my reindeer nose to create "Rudolf". I imagine the reindeer are playing hide and seek in the trees and Rudolf is trying to find his friends ;)
I also wish to thank Kellie for this blog award:
I am asked to list 7 random facts about myself, then pass on the award:
1. I love numbers and patterns.
2. I enjoy doing the crossword in the newspaper after my children get on the school bus.
3. I love crafting with friends; the ideas just flow!
4. Most of the time I like to use a blog challenge as a starting point to create. Other times papers just "speak" to me and I know exactly what I want to make.
5. I think I am addicted to Cricut cartridges. Is there a support group for this affliction?
6. I am an over-gluer.
7. I am so happy my grandma let me have her sewing machine so I could try sewing on my cards. I love the dimension it adds and it saves on adhesive. (See #6) Thanks, Gram!
I would like to pass this award on to:
1. Amber of My 3 E Scrapbooking
2. Arlene of Water Dots
3. Courtney Lee of Court's Crafts
4. Julie of life with the Tucker and Wolek clan
5. Lisa of A Mermaid's Crafts
6. R. Marina Sabina (Lollyrot) of Lollyrot Scrapbooking
7. Stephanie Lanzalotto of my~ink~well
Cricut cartridges: Create A Critter (deer cut @ 2") and Winter Frolic (tree border and snow drifts p.44 cut @ 1 1/2" and 2 3/4")
paper: BasicGrey Eskimo Kisses 6x6; Bazzill card stock (reindeer); Stampin' Up! whisper white; XPEDX ponderosa pine linen card stock
sentiment: Making Memories "christmas 2" rub-ons
marker: Stampin' Up! chocolate chip and white gel pen by uni-ball Signo
gem & tool: i-rock tool and hot rock (red gem) by Imaginisce
twine: maraschino from The Twinery
other: glitter glue, white acrylic paint