Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Shopping Our Stash #25 - Chipboard OR Stickers OR Rub-ons

  I started cleaning up my work table and I came across this BasicGrey "Oliver" chipboard piece left over from a card kit (postage stamp-shaped journaling element.)  Rather than putting it away, I decided to make a card around it.  I shopped my stash in search of coordinating chipboard and rub-ons.  I happened upon a 6x6 BasicGrey "Origins" paper pad with a baggie of spare die cuts from a BasicGrey "Origins" card kit that I purchased in 2009.  I made the cards from the kit two years ago, but I saved the extra die cuts.

  For this challenge you can choose either chipboard OR rub-ons OR stickers; you don't have to use all three.  My sentiment is a BasicGrey rub-on, and the floral/branch accents are American Crafts rub-ons ("Accents book two".)  My chipboard element is also a sticker...do I get bonus points for that?  :)

  The scallop rectangle was cut from my Cricut "Elegant Edges" and the circle was cut from "Accent Essentials."  I used a black marker to add stitching on the circle and doodles to the little yellow flower die cut.

Happy Tuesday!

16 comments:

Diane Hodrick said...

Cute, cute, cute. I love shopping my stash, almost as much as shopping.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! This is beautiful! I loveeeeeeee the colors and that little butterfly! :):):):):):):):):):):)

~amy~ said...

lovely card...fab colors and patterns...gotta tell you, I managed to clean out a paper sorter that I had crammed full of patterned paper...should have taken a before pic! Now I just gotta put the papers back in there...LOL. BUT, I did manage to week out TONS of them and straight they went into the garage sale pile!

Linda B said...

June, this is lovely. Love all your elements... you do deserve extra points!

Amy said...

Still shopping your stash---you are awesome! You are going to make a dent in that before you know it! Great card with old stuff!! :)Amy

Court said...

Beautiful card!

Danni said...

So pretty! I love that butterfly!

DEBBIE ORR said...

Very very pretty card!

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful card June!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

papertrails leaver said...

what a pretty card June! Love shopping in my stash! It's crazy how one can find items forgotten. ;-)

Linda R. said...

Such a pretty card. I love black and yellow together..

Arlene said...

Beautiful June! Isn't it a great feeling to shop our stash? :)

Carla aka scrappypug said...

Gorgeous! I love that BG paper and the scalloped rectangle!

Shauna K said...

this is lovely!! the elements all work together so well :D

alienanessa said...

Jeepers, lady, LOOOOOVE the papers you chose!! It looks SOO fancy for how simple you described its creation!!

Paige said...

This is a beautifully coordinated card! Love the colors and elements!