Thursday, November 1, 2012

School Daze at Shop Pumpkin Spice

Without teachers there would be no class:
 
   I recently purchased My Mind's Eye "School Daze."  This collection is easy to work with; I made both cards from papers in the 6x6 pad...no stamping nor an electronic die cutting machine!  In both cards the banner sentiments, school house, owl, books, and apple were fussy cut.  I used one sheet of very vanilla card stock for the two card bases, and scraps of red card stock to layer in the first card.  I edged the pieces (in the second card) with a black ink pad for dimension.  I added glossy accents to the school house bell and windows, the owl's eyes, and the apple.

Teachers make the little ones count.

Now I have two cards on hand to write the girls' teachers a thank you note :)

Happy Thursday!

14 comments:

Arlene said...

WOW, June these are just brilliant! Love them both. :)

Ros Crawford said...

These are so very sweet! I love the school house and the owl is just adorable!

snappy scrappy said...

These are both so cute!!! My fav is the owl...I love owls! Lee-Ann :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are beautiful!! LOVING the school house and the owl!!!

Linda Breedlove said...

The papers are adorable... perfect for teacher cards... and yours are SO cute, June! LOVE that owl with the apple!!!
Hugs!

Julie M said...

Thos papers are soooo perfect for teacher cards, gorgeous colours. Love all the cutting, and those cute sentiments.

Julie xx

Lisa said...

These are so awesome!! I love the school house on the first and the adorable owl on the second!! What fabulous cards!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Windy Hills said...

How adorable! The papers are adorable and the schoolhouse makes a great statement.

Missy said...

Darling cards June!!! I love this MME paper, I may need to stock up on some more!!! ;)

MS said...

Such fun cards! Isn't it crazy when we don't stamp/use a die? I love when I make cards like that because I really actually play with paper!!

Unknown said...

These are both so cute. I just adore the cute little owl.

Hugs~

Tracy said...

no stamps or die cutting machine? unthinkable LOL these are so cute! i love that little owl :-)

Shelly said...

Oh so cute! Another mme paper pad I need to have :)
I love the combos and the sentiments!
Shelly

Miriam Prantner said...

These are such cute cards! I especially love the design of the owl one, so CAS, love the graduating pennants.