Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Happy Birthday, Lauren!

  It's my turn on the Shop Pumpkin Spice blog today.  When My Mind's Eye released their Lost and Found Two collection, I purchased the entire 12x12 paper collection, a few packages of the glazed brads, and a couple of packages of the layered chipboard.  I planned my entire card around the layered chipboard piece (the semicircle scallop piece with pink pearls.)

  This week I realized that I have been hoarding my Lost and Found Two papers.  I thought I had broken myself of the habit of hoarding "papers too pretty to cut."  Seriously, this is why I have collected so much paper over the past fourteen (?) years.  I save it and sometimes I have gone back later and the papers no longer inspire me.  I doubt that would be the case with My Mind's Eye, but how many times have I said to myself, "I'm going to use what I have"?  If I had unlimited amounts of adhesive, I could probably craft for the rest of my life and still have paper left over.  Scraps can go a really long way, especially for card makers (versus scrapbookers).

  Since I decided to center my card around the layered chipboard piece called "Blush", I pulled out every sheet of "Blush" until I was happy with my paper combination.  I used five different sheets:

  I distressed the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink (pumice stone), and stamped the My Pink Stamper sentiment (from the "Birthday Doodles" set) with "Darkest Night" hybrid ink.  Other supplies:  EK Success border punches, Creative Memories corner rounder, and My Creative Time "Flower Petal" dies.

  This card was sent to my lovely friend Lauren for her birthday on June 30th.  She loves pink :)

I am entering my card at the current My Creative Time challenge: "Bling it Up!"  I think my glitter card stock and perhaps the pink pearls on the chipboard will qualify.


  Happy Tuesday!

15 comments:

Lastochka said...

So lovely card!!! fantastic!!

Ros Crawford said...

... And she will love this card ... it's so beautiful!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and that houndstooth pattern!!

snappy scrappy said...

So beautiful...love it!!

Arlene said...

WOW, this is just gorgeous! LOVE this a lot!

Linda Breedlove said...

Oh June... this is SO beautiful!!!! Love this card! That's one of my favorite all time paper collections... and I am "trying" not to hoard, too.

Denine said...

June, this is such a gorgeous card!
Hugs,
Denine

Cassandra said...

Great card! Love the different patterns! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)

Migdalia said...

Very PRETTY! Love it!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Cindy Beland said...

Your birthday card is GORGEOUS,AWESOME job with it!!!! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time/Designer Challenge!!!:)

MS said...

so, so, so cute! Love those papers and the layering!

Missy said...

This is so pretty June, I absolutely LOVE that paper pad!!

Shelly said...

Oh my gosh June, this is gorgeous! I LOVE the colors and the papers!! So beautiful June!
Have a wonderful day and Happy 4th my friend!
SHelly

My Creative Time said...

Miss June, your card is AWESOME! Thank you for playing along w/the MCT challenge!
HUGS!

Sandy Ang said...

it looks adorable