Friday, October 3, 2014

Anything-But-A-Card Halloween challenge

I love the $1 spot at Target.  The black spiral was perfect for transforming this small Transformers spiral notebook into a perpetual calendar for my daughter, Kathryn.  Kathryn's favorite holiday is Halloween, so I thought it would be fun to create a perpetual calendar for her.

I unrolled the spiral to remove the paper, then covered both sides of the cover...bye bye Optimus Prime! I used my crop-a-dile to re-punch the holes for the spiral; that was the most time-consuming part.  After decorating with die cuts and a brad, I die cut my numbers and cut the number tags.  I punched holes for the number tags and then re-fed the spiral.  Voila!
Please join us at Cut It Up and link your die cut Halloween project or layout (anything but a card!)  You could win a $10 gift card to Kadoodle Bug Designs.
I even decorated the back with a large die cut:
Supplies:  My Mind's Eye "Blackbird" papers, dies, chipboard, and brad; glossy accents; Cricut "Plantin SchoolBook" numbers; Xyron; crop-a-dile

Happy Friday!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't believe Optimus Prime died AGAIN! I remember how heartbroken my son was when it happened the first time! :)

Seriously, this is an amazing transformation. Love it!

Evelyn

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't believe Optimus Prime died AGAIN! I remember how heartbroken my son was when it happened the first time! :)

Seriously, this is an amazing transformation. Love it!

Evelyn

Janis Lewis said...

What a fun project! Love how the date can change without the background being flipped.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooo cute!! I love this!!!!

Windy Hills said...

A BOOtiful creation for a fun holiday. I am sure Kathryn will enjoy turning each page in anticipation of the big day.

lauren bergold said...

now THAT is an awesome idea and it's brilliantly executed, of course! what a fab calendar!!! :)

Amy Sheffer said...

I love how this turned out, June! I'm sure Kathryn loves it!!

Shelly said...

Oh I love this and yay, we have something in common...I love the target $1 bin. Truth be told I've spent many times at the bins and completely forgot what I went to Target for :)
Great project June!
Shelly

Katie Ann Brooks said...

cuteness!

Migdalia said...

WOW! I absolutely love this!! Spooky cute, fun & cool!!!
I miss u but I will be returning to CIU next year.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Cuttysark said...

wow, i just browsed your page and loved all your work. I really enjoyed your card. Thank you for sharing. Have a blessed day!

Cathy
birthday invitations