Sunday, January 3, 2016

Something Old, Something New challenge at Jingle Belles

I can hardly believe that Jingle Belles challenge blog has been running for over 6 years!  Lauren and Stef have provided so much inspiration with their lovely cards and challenge prompts.  I participated quite a lot the first couple of years, but then not as much as I wished to since…life got in the way just a bit.  But my resolution for 2016 is to join these wonderful ladies in "taking back December"; enjoying the holidays even more with Christmas cards completed before December arrives.

This fortnight the challenge is "Something Old, Something New."  My blue green background paper is really old Core'dinations color core card stock that I embossed with dots.  The snow drift dies I purchased last October, and everything else came from the Simon Says Stamp December 2015 kit.  I also used my lovely friend Leslie's final sketch (again.)
If you knew Leslie Hanna, you enjoyed her humor and her kindness.  Leslie passed away suddenly on December 25th.  If this is new news to you, then I apologize for you having to hear it this way.  She touched hundreds of blogger, twitter, and instagram crafty friends, and we are all better off for having known her.  I doubt that I can say anything that hasn't already been shared about this wonderful friend.  I personally will miss her comments on my blog, the email exchanges we shared after nearly every post of hers/mine, her sketches, and her visits to my home and to local restaurants for our lunches together.  Yes, I was fortunate to having "met" Leslie through blogging, but we lived only an hour + away from each other for a few years before she and her faithful friend Bobra-the-cat moved to Ohio.  In our last email exchange, we were discussing how we both wanted to participate at Jingle Belles in 2016 as faithfully as we did in 2010, 2011, etc, and how I was going to work on my unfinished objects pile (UFO, one of Leslie's much used acronyms.)  Leslie will be missed by so many.  I have so many fond memories of Leslie, and her use of acronyms have been in my vocabulary now for years.  I will list a few of my favorites here:

SABLE = supplies available beyond life expectancy
ECBTOIN = every color but the one I need
SYFY = save yourself from yourself
UFO = UnFinished Object

Leslie, I hope you are crafting with unlimited supplies, as crooked as you please :)

Will you join me in participating in the 2016 challenges at Jingle Belles?  I hope so; there is always so much eye candy from Stef, Lauren, and the other JB participants.

Happy New Year!

8 comments:

SmilynStef said...

I am so thrilled to see you joining us for 2016 ... and thanks for the smiles with the Leslie acronym dictionary ... I adore your sweet little winter scene ... so peaceful & fun.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I heard about Leslie - so sad - I am sorry that you lost your friend! xoxox ... I loveeeeeeeeeeee your card! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Migdalia said...

Happy New Year!! I am so sorry to hear that you lost a bloggy friend.
My prayers go out to you & your friend's family.
Beautiful card!
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Marianne said...

I love it when you can ket the PP do most of the work for you. I only 'knew' Leslie from her participation in the JB challenges and only recently started playing in the SOS challenges (including the recent UFO one). But after learning about her sudden death, I started browsing her blog and I can see why her bloggy friends love(d) her so much. Makes me wish I had found her blog while she was still alive. On a more positive note, I'm happy to learn that you will be joining in the fun at JB again.

Scrapper69 said...

So Sorry to hear you loss a sweet blogging friend - Hugs & Prayers to you & your friends family - Your card is simply lovely - love the layers and design!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Heather said...

I think many people would miss Leslie, her crafting and humour !!
Your image is gorgeous, a lovely design and colour combo.......your images are adorable and super with the touches of aqua and red!!

hugs
Heather xx

lauren bergold said...

well OF COURSE i am thrilled you are gonna be "jingling" again with us this year, it's always more fun with all our friends around, and your first "old & new" card is a DELIGHT in every way. especially that you've used that great CSSC sketch... perfection... ♥♥♥

(ps i was laughing at all the leslie-acroynms, SABLE is my fave... i've told that to so many ppl and it never fails to make them almost choke with laughter; i've learned never to quote her when anyone is drinking, it's just too dangerous, lol!) :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Jingle, Jingle miss June! Love seeing your wonderful creations! Hugs!