Sunday, November 27, 2016

White Christmas

 This is the inspiration photo for the final 2016 challenge at Jingle Belles.  I am personally grateful to Lauren and Stef for these motivating challenges.  They have enabled me to create dozens of Christmas cards and I hardly purchased any new supplies to do so...except for this ring wreath die from Simon Says Stamp:
I was enamored with the (mostly) white Christmas decorations in the inspiration photo.  The sentiment and base layer were cut from a sheet of glitter paper (both also new stash), but all of the buttons, brads, sequins, gems, and flowers are from my stash (most of it seriously old!)

 Nearly a year ago my friend Leslie Hanna and I promised each other that we would participate in all of the Jingle Belles challenges for 2016.  Though I completely forgot to post my card from the last challenge, I did make at least one card for every challenge at Jingle Belles this year.  Cheers, Leslie!
This card uses retired BasicGrey paper, clearance alphabet stamps purchased at Michael's, and the Hero Arts poinsettia layered stamps from the December 2015 Hero Arts card kit.

Happy Sunday!

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh I love them both! LOVING the poinsettia as the "O" and loveeeeeeee that wreath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~amy~ said...

Such beautiful card June.

lauren bergold said...

cheers, leslie, indeed! you have done her-- and yourself-- proud with the amazing cards you've made all year. so much fun to have you JINGLING with us all year long! <3 <3 <3

Sherrie K. said...

So pretty June! The wreath is so beautiful and love the bling and pearls!
Your Joy card is gorgeous! Fabulous pattern paper and fun design!
Have a great day!
Sherrie K

Scrapper69 said...

Oh WOW! It's BEAUTIFUL June! LOVE that die! and your Joy card is so sweet! I've enjoyed seeing your progress throughout this year! It actually has inspired me to continue making my holiday cards for this next year! I already finished & mailed out this years cards... so now I'm starting my 2017 cards! :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Theresa

Windy Hills said...

What a beautiful card. I personally love anything when the dominate color is white and your card showcases this beautifully!

SmilynStef said...

Don't you love when some of your older studio items finally find a home ... and kudos to you for honoring Leslie ... thanks again for joining us at Jingle Belles in 2016 ... hope we see you again in 2017.

Julie M said...

Oh that's lovely, June - I love the idea to adhere all those different-sized pearls/brads/sequins, etc - so elegant. Well done you for keeping up with the Christmas cards all year, you must be so happy (said she, grimly, as she counts the 25 cards done, 25 yet to do in the annual Christmas card frenzy!!)

Julie x