Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Let it SNOW!


Winter has been a bust in northern Virginia this year...very very little snow.  Perhaps my snowy card will bring us one nice blanket of white, then Spring can come.  I created this card for the snow challenge at Jingle Belles, but my inspiration came from sketch #34 at Paper Play Sketches:

I substituted the circle in the sketch for an upcycled scene from a store bought Christmas card.  The papers are all scraps from my Echo Park "Winter Park" 12x12 collection.  The "merry" was Cricut cut scrap that I had leftover from a project from a few years ago.  No new stash used here, but it is rewarding to create a unique card from old bits and pieces!

Happy Valentine's Day!

6 comments:

Windy Hills said...

The card is so adorable, and I love the Santa with the sled delivery precious gifts.

Scrapper69 said...

Pretty Image.. lovely Holiday card!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the Santa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lauren bergold said...

hehehe... you call a winter with little snow, i call it a TRIUMPH, lol!!!!!!! :) :) :) meanwhile, what a gorgeous card--the perfect up-cycling of that fun scene, not to mention a great take on the sketch as well! so pleased you could join our "FLAKE-Y" fun at JINGLE BELLES! <3

SmilynStef said...

We've had a snow bust in iowa too ... only 25% of normal and I miss it ... thanks for getting *flake-y* with us at jingle belles

Leslie said...

I know I'm a little late but thanks so much for playing in my "Let The Flakes Fall Where They May" challenge over at Jingle Belles! Your project is fabulous!
Hugs,
Leslie
Love To Scrap 2
Love To Scrap!