Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Birthday Birdie


I bought a sheet of Basic Grey Phoebe last August because it reminded me of Lauren. Crazy, huh? I thought maybe the paper could help me create a Lauren-y card. Her cards are so fun and whimsical. After two full days, this is what I came up with. No, this is no 30 minute card...more like 4 hours.
I mounted on Bazzill cs, with the exception of the scalloped green cs, which is SU. The ribbons are from my scrap ribbon jar. I feel like it needs more. Perhaps black ink doodling around the edges of the scallops and BG dp? I dunno. I've looked at it so long, I just don't know. This is not my usual A2 card. It is ~ 5.5" x 6.5", so I made six of these to use up the BG Phoebe sheet. Let me know what you think, otherwise I'll just put it out at the shops and see what happens.
On the other 5 cards, the green scallop cs is a bit higher. This one is lower because I wanted to make sure the bird in the dp was not covered up.
Definitely out of my box :)

2 comments:

lauren bergold said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!

well--perhaps unsurprisingly--i *LOVE* it!!! (not to mention being UNBELIEVABLY flattered!) i mean, what's NOT to love??! it's got pink + green + basic grey + that sweeeeeet birdie + pink BLING...not to mention a big ole helpin' of the patented june houck elegance!!! YUMMMMMMM!

(ps: whilst i think said card is utterly brilliant AS IS...me being me...yeah, i'd probaly outline the scallops!)

Leslie Hanna said...

How about some paper piercing in the corner under the bird? Or would that look like he is p00ping?!