Thursday, May 28, 2009

dhDH Cuttlebug Challenges Monogram Card

I worked in my craft room with an idea in mind for a monogram card for this week's challenge at Cuttlebug Challenges blog. After going through and starting to plan a card using one set of manufacturer's papers I couldn't quite get to come together, I cleaned up and tried another manufacturer. That didn't work either, so I cleaned that up too. Repeat two more times. Agony! I decided to stop thinking, and just make something. The three hour card...

I decided to use my dh's initials. Yep, my dear husband is Doug Houck :)

Recipe:
  • Paper: Memory Boutique
  • Cuttlebug embossing folder: Fancy Corners
  • Cardstock: ACMoore ivory; base card Michael's Value Pack; green Bazzill from my scrap bag
  • Twill: Leslie Hanna scrap ribbon bag (thanks, Leslie!)
  • Eyelets: Making Memories
  • QuicKutz: Vixen font
  • Hardware: Stampin' Up! aged copper
  • Other: Stampin' Up! dimensionals & Spellbinders Nestibilities

10 comments:

Ingrid said...

Beautiful card, June. Great color combo. I also like your cards in the previous posts. It has been way too long since I visited your blog.

Deanna Cosgrove said...

Sweet card. I am lovin those papers! Clever to emboss under the initials! And I really like the corner treatment.......deanna

Leslie Hanna said...

OMG, are we in the same rut?! I have made the same Grad card at least 4 times, and I still have NOTHING to post. I hate when that happens. But YOU clean up in between ... my work space just gets piled higher and deeper. :-)

Looks like your perseverence paid off, though! I like the embossing behind the monogram, too!

Grammy and Olivia said...

Thanks for the nice comment. Your blog is full of beautiful cards. I'll definately be back.

Kristie said...

Mmmmm, I know what you mean! i hate it when that happens because i usually end up being over-critical of what I ended up creating :) But your card turned out great! I love it, it's very masculine (appropriately enough!) and we all know that's hard to do well...but you have done it!

Silli said...

June, your card is so beautiful, I love the papers and the colors... Great work! Hugs and happy day!

Kristen Hermanny said...

Love the colors and those papers are great! I like monogram cards, and this one is great!

Have a lovely weekend!

Helen F. said...

Love all the papers you used ~ very pretty card. That embossing stamp on the corners really adds some texture too.

Jackie G said...

Don't you just hate when you can't get something to come out the way you want...I have "many" projects that are abandoned because of it!!
BUT girl...this card turned out AWESOME!! I love the tie-backs you used!! Fabulous!!

MMG said...

I love the dimensions on this card with the extra embossing and the details. Really great card; perfect for a million uses!