I love this card!!! I do not recall where I got the inspiration for this card...help me out if you know. Kraft is back in vogue. I no longer have any kraft cardstock; I should have taken advantage of SU!'s paper sale and bought some. But I did find two of these DCWV card bases in my stash. Perfect! DH has two little cousins graduating from high school, so I made two of these. The green floral paper, the Thickers braces and the "Congratulations" rub-on are all American Crafts. The "may your dreams soar" rub-on is BasicGrey. The grad cap stamp is Studio G. The polka dot paper is from my stash...I think from one of the slabs from Michael's or ACMoore from quite a few years ago...
I hand cut the polka dot paper to match the scallop fold of the DCWV card base, then I punched eyelet holes using my crop-a-dile.
Voila! Two cards in 30 minutes...I wish that happened more often :) This one was FUN!
This is how the card opens.
The two awards below are from my blogfriend, Chrissie. There are so many talented paper crafters in the blog world, and I think she is definitely one of them. I love her style. Please take time to check out her blog, Simply One of a Kind. I feel honored that she bestowed these awards on me...she has 130 followers on her blog! Go ahead and check her out; if you are not already a follower, you will be #131 :)
These are the rules I must link back to the person who gave me the award and I must give 10 pieces of information about myself.
1. I love chocolate. I am addicted to it. It rivals my paper addiction.
2. I sort and eat my M&Ms by color.
3. I love to organize.
4. I love Elvis.
5. I do not like butterscotch or toffee...not even a little bit.
6. If the icing is really good (like a delicious chocolate buttercream), I will eat the cupcake bottom first, then the icing. This is true for a layer cake as well; I eat the layers of cake, then the layers of icing.
7. I eat all the ridges off first when eating my Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
8. I started hilighting my hair at age 37 to hide the grey. Now (at age 42) I hi-light and low-light. I don't know if I will dye my hair or not when I get grey enough. I never thought I would hi-light. Never say "never".
9. I love cinnamon. I add A LOT of cinnamon to my mochas and my peanut butter cookies and chocolate pound cake...are you seeing a pattern here?
10. I am highly motivated by my friends, music, sunshine, and 70 degree weather...82 degress is my upper limit (i.e. 21-27 degrees Celsius).
If you are still reading this, you are a dear friend that I cherish. Consider yourself nominated for both of these awards.