Saturday, June 6, 2009

Cuttlebug Meets BasicGrey


I saw the title of this week's Cuttlebug Challenges blog, "BasicGrey Collection." Be still, my heart!!! My two favorite things together? Life is good...

I recently ordered this Cornish Heritage Farms owl stamp set. This is my first time owning or using a stamp set by CHF. I can tell you these stamps are the best! The images stamp so beautifully. I will be looking at purchasing more of their stamps in the future.

I colored my owl and party hat with Bic and Copic markers. I paper pieced the pom-pom and raised it with SU! dimensionals. The dps are all BasicGrey Granola. I think they make wonderful masculine cards, which are difficult for me. That being said, I like how this card turned out. I used my Spots & Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder on the brown panel. I added the sentiment with jumbo eyelets from Stampin' Up!

I used the same sketch I used here. It is one of my go-to sketches :)

***Don't forget to enter to win my 2 year blogoversary candy! See post here.***

17 comments:

Girlsinthecraft said...

June, this truly turned out stunning. The owl is adorable. Love how you creating the branch. Everything is put together just beautifully!..........d

Unknown said...

This is such a fab card, just love the owl, really great

Jan x

Anonymous said...

Your card is gorgeous! I have always loved that stamp and your coloring is fabulous. Thank you for stoping by my blog... HUGS...SK :)

Tara Godfrey said...

This is super cute, June! Love that wee owl from CHF...I love Kim Hughes stamps they are soooo darn tootin' cute! He looks great with the Granola papers! Such a fabulous card!!!
Thanks for the super sweet comment that you left on my blog, June...my gosh, that sure made my day, hun!
Big Hugs,t

Silli said...

June, your card is sooo funny. I love the owl and the papers... Super duper card! Hugs and happy sunday!

Denise Clark said...

June, love your card! The different DPs you chose go great together and are a perfect compliment to the adorable owl! Love the way the branch sits just outside the panel! Nice touch!

Annelies said...

This card is really great!

Shari said...

This is so Cute June! One of my favorites!

Ali Dantre said...

This is so cute! I love the image and papers. Great LO to.

Hugs
Lisa.x

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Thanks for the comment. What a pretty card. I love the colors and the darling owl.

Kristie said...

WOW!!!! This is amazing, incredible, fantastic, gorgeous....so on and so on! I just adore this card (in case you hadn't realised that's what all that blatant flattery was about) You just get better and better all the time!

Silli said...

hello sweet June, I wish you a happy monday! Hugs and smiles!

Heather said...

Hi June - this is fabulous, fantastic choice of papers and i just love that owl stamp - it's adorably cute.
Apologies for absence recently - too much to do and too little time - + computer problems, decorator doing kitchen, car in an accident shall I stop now (lol). Will be back soon (fingers crossed - no more catastrophes.
hugs Heather xx

Tara said...

Fab card June - I love this image and those Granola papers are the perfect choice! Can't wait for those new papers to arrive in the UK!! xx

Unknown said...

My goodness! This is sooooo cute! I love every adorable inch!

Allison said...

love this, the owl is fab
Thanks for playing this week
Cuttlehugs
Allisonx

lauren bergold said...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (sorry--had to be done!) would not ♥LOOOOOOOOOOVE♥ this fabulous card! it's cute & fun & beautiful & sophisticated...all at the same time! (WOW!!!)