Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Thank You Card & Julia

Today I needed to make some quick thank you cards for the birthday presents my girls received from their bus driver and 3 of their great grandmothers. If you have followed me for a while, you may know that I create little piles in my craft room. This floral paper(DCWV) and the felt butterfly ribbon (Michael's dollar bin) have been in a pile with the pink cardstock (SU!). I just could never make anything happen with them. I was trying for another layer of orange paper, but I could not find a match in my stash. Today I wanted a set of cards in a hurry, so I perused some challenge blogs. I saw this sketch at The Sweetest Thing. In one hour, I had 4 cards made like this one :)
The next thing on my pile was this 8x8 scrapbook page of Kathryn. I prefer to do 2 page LOs, so I made a this companion page of Julia and her Granddaddy (dh's dad). Wahoo!

4 comments:

Girlsinthecraft said...

What a superb use of that felt butterfly ribbon. I just can't seem to see it in any of my projects but you have found at least two uses for it so far---bravo! And what an adorable pic of your daughter w/grandad! Can't wait until Friday BTW...........d

Leslie Hanna said...

I have piles of stuff all OVER the place, but it never seems to come together like yours. Nice job!

lauren bergold said...

i am TOTALLY with deanna...you've found the PERFECT use for the felt diecut stuff that i ♥LOOOOOOVE♥...but am never quite sure what to do with it! come to think...it's a great idea for ribbon scraps, generally--they don't NEED to span the length of a project...they make lovely accents! (miss june you ♥INSPIRE♥ me!!!) :)

Kit said...

love your blog and your designs are gorgeous