I wish you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils :)
Welcome to the September Pinkalicious blog hop! Robyn's challenge for us this month is to create a 3D project using her School Days stamp set and our Cricut machine.
You should have arrived here from Cristi's blog (Scrappin 5 Little Cupcakes). If not, start at My Pink Stamper's blog!
I enjoy making little gifts for my daughters' teachers, bus driver & assistant, and the lovely school secretaries. They are always so appreciative! These are my back-to-school gifts for them.
I have seen this project around the blogosphere for the past few years and I knew one day I would give it a try. These My Pink Stamper "School Days" sentiments are perfect for school LOs, cards for teachers, or school gifts for teachers and students alike:
Candy pencil tutorial:
1. Cut yellow card stock @ 3.5"x 4.5". Score every 1/4" inch. Use grass border punch on one end (pinking shears work well too!) Stamp with a My Pink Stamper "School Days" sentiment.
2. Attach 1 Hershey kiss with an Extreme Adhesive Square on one end.
3. Cricut cut a 3/4" red circle for the other end of the Rolo candy...the "eraser." Also cut a strip of red card stock @ 3.5"x 3/8". Adhere around.
4. Adhere yellow cardstock around the Rolo candy.
5. Cut mirror paper 3.5"x 3/8" and adhere around eraser and yellow card stock.
Now you are ready to create a pencil bouquet!
Cricut cartridge: George and Basic Shapes (circle cut @ 3/4"; star cut @ 2 1/4" with shadow)
papers: Whisper White and Ruby Red (Stampin' Up!); Marigold (XPEDX); green (Bazzill); mirror paper (unknown)
ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
twine: Peapod (The Twinery)
punch and score board: Martha Stewart
Your next stop on the hop is Carissa (Sprinkled with Glitter). Have fun hopping along, then hop back to Robyn's blog (My Pink Stamper) and play along in the challenge with us!
*Leave a comment here first for a chance to win a My Pink Stamper Sweet Baby stamp set.
In case you get lost along the way, here is the entire blog hop order:
Thanks for hopping by! I will choose a winner on Tuesday. Please check back to see if you won :)