I went to my Stampin' Up! (SU) card stock pile and chose chocolate chip with cameo coral. I cut my layers (I used my Cricut "Elegant Edges" cartridge for the top note layers) and embossed the coral with my SU "Square Lattice" embossing folder. Then I went to one of my favorite SU stamps and colored the rubber with my SU markers. Then I went to my brown ribbons scrap jar and found this SU ribbon. (My blog friend Leslie sent me her ribbon scraps, which I sorted by color...thanks, Leslie!) then I went in search of a sentiment. My image made me feel like Spring and new beginnings. I found this My Pink Stamper sentiment in the "Never Give Up" stamp set. I added SU pearls to the center of each flower.
New technique tips I learned from Jennifer McGuire:
- add tiny pearls to your button rather than thread or twine (I like this!)
- the stamp stem actually ends at the top of the ribbon. I wanted it to come below the ribbon, so I drew a tiny stem below the ribbon with my marker.
- Young Crafters Unite: Learning is Fun!
- Stamptacular Sunday Challenge: Bling it On!
- Crafty Ribbons: Anything But a Square