Thursday, September 27, 2012

Echo Park wine bottle pocket tag tutorial

   My intentions have been good to welcome our new neighbors who moved in across the street....2 months ago!  I had purchased a bottle of wine for them after they first moved in and I wanted to make a pocket tag for it.  The tag is a journaling card and the alphas and house are stickers; all from Echo Park "Life is Good" collection.  The card stock is early espresso by Stampin' Up! and the ribbon is from my scrap jar.

  Then I went to sweet Bonnie's blog and saw that she made a wine tag for the current Crafty Ribbons challenge:  Anything But Square.  Perfect timing!  Also, fabulous Carla (of Shopping Our Stash fame) has a new challenge blog called "Anything But a Card."  I pretty much only make cards, but I want to support Carla whenever I am able.  This week's challenge at Anything But a Card:  "Texture."
 I have multiple popped up layers (grass, small heart) as well as mini brad door handle, and glossy accents on the window and tiny heart.  I also used my grandma's sewing machine to sew around the edges to create the pocket to hold the tag with our names and home phone number.
Thank you for stopping by!

To make a pocket wine tag:

  • Cut card stock @ 2 1/2" x 10 1/2"
  • score @ 2 1/2" and 8"
  • decorate as desired
  • sew or use red line tape/photo tape to create pocket at the bottom

Happy Thursday!

23 comments:

Life and Knits said...

Love this wine tag! I love all the layers too!

Susie

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee this June!!! What a great idea and loveeeeeeeeeeee the EP paper you used!!!!!

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute y idea!!! Love your bottle tag! Lee-Ann :)

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute y idea!!! Love your bottle tag! Lee-Ann :)

Migdalia said...

Love this wine Tag!!!Super Cute!!TFS
Migdalia

Joan V said...

What a super cute tag. I am sure your new neighbors will be delighted to receive this. Thanks for sharing.

Clay and Amy said...

That is really cute! I love the colors - very cheerful.

Linda said...

Such a sweet sweet gift. Love this idea and your card or tag is wonderful. Love it.

Julia S-W said...

I love your wine bottle tag! Great colours, images and some super texture included too - perfect fit for our challenge at ABAC - thanks so much for sharing and I do hope you'll join us again soon.
Juliax

papertrails leaver said...

so adorable June! Love the little house and best of all the red letters you used to spell the sentiment "welcome" because they are eye catching!

Rose said...

2 months?? lol well they are sure to LOVE this as it is such bright and cheery goodness all around :)

Dixie Cochran said...

What a thoughtful gift!

Christy said...

I've seen projects like this for water bottles and soda bottles, but never would have thought of a wine bottle, but that makes more sense than ANYTHING. THAT we actually gift LOL. This is gorgeous...great job! Thanks for joining us at ABAC :) :)

Diana Fernandez said...

This is a wonderful project!!!! And so versatile in how many uses it might have!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But a Card

Anonymous said...

Very cute tag. Great idea.

Unknown said...

This is so cute. What a great idea. i will have to remember this.

Hugs~

Anonymous said...

Good lord, that is beyond adorable!

~amy~ said...

super awesome...great giftie!

Deena said...

fabulous project June! I am sure the neighbours will love it for sure! I am especially fond of the glossy effects on the windows! perfect touch...thanks for joining in at ABAC - love seeing your projects!!!

CarlaKH said...

Oohh what a fab gift! Love the cheery colors and design of your tag! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But a Card!

Anke said...

Beautiful creation.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons. Good luck
hugs Tessa & Anke

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

You know I love wine labels, this one is great, love the idea of it being a pocket.

cebelica said...

Oh, this is wonderful, I love how it turned out. Thank you for playung with our challenge at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx