Tuesday, June 28, 2016

It Came Upon a Midnight CLEAR


Yes, another Christmas card!  School let out two weeks ago and we have already had a fun family vacation and soon off to another :)

Crafting has taken a back seat, but I am determined to keep up with the gals at Jingle Belles for 2016.  This fortnight is to use something CLEAR on your card.  

I have two gallon-size Ziplock bags full of commercial card fronts from Christmas cards I have received over the past few years.  I took one out that had the acetate snow/snowflake panel.  The card was originally quite large; approximately 6x8.  I removed the acetate panel and the metallic "Season's Greetings" from the base of the card.  I cut the base card into pieces (those background shiny snowflakes and the dry embossed suede paper.)  The background was originally one layer, but I rearranged my cut pieces into layers and created a standard A2 card (4.25" x 5.5").

The dry-embossed suede part is quite stunning in real life, but my photography skills are lacking and I am not doing it justice.

I hope to see you over at Jingle Belles with your CLEAR-ly awesome creation.

Happy Tuesday!

5 comments:

SmilynStef said...

CLEAR-ly fantastic ... love how you recombined the elements into an awesome new design ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh this is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marianne said...

So clever to use that acetate panel on your card and recycle at the same time.

lauren bergold said...

ohhhhhhhhhh you are just way too clever! slove, love, love this, what a great upcycle of that acrylic panel! thanks for joining our CLEARLY awesome fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Scrapper69 said...

Oh gosh... this one is soooo PRETTY June! Lovely Christmas card! Enjoy your Summer Vacation with your family!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations