Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Snow Drifts Snowman Christmas card

It's near the end of the current Jingle Belles challenge this fortnight:  Frosty the Snowman (or pre-snowman...snowflakes or snowfall.)

I included both snowflakes paper, snowflake die cuts, and a chipboard snowman.  The snow drifts die is by My Favorite Things (MFT) and the papers are all by My Mind's Eye (MME) 6x6 "Winter Wonderland."  The chipboard snowman is also from that same MME collection.  

Using your scraps tip:  I only had enough blue snowflake paper to cut the top two panels, and not enough of the house paper to go the entire 4" across.  I cut the tiny house papers from two separate scraps but at the same time; one left-justified and one right justified.  I used the chipboard snow man to hide where the two papers meet up (and therefore the patterns don't match up.)  Make sense?

My sentiment came from the cute Christmas penguins set from The Cat's Pajamas 2009 release.  There was a little too much white space, so I looked through my Christmas bits and bobs baggie and found these three snowflakes I die cut and were leftover from a previous Jingle Belles challenge (Simon Says Stamp Stitched Flakes die).

Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

SmilynStef said...

This is such a well designed & constructed card ... all of the elements work together to draw your eye into the design ... I love it ... so glad you helped us celebrate snowmen at Jingle Belles.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooo cute! LOVING that snowman!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lauren bergold said...

what a fun and fabulous card, i love that uber-cute snow dude and of course your paper-piecing tip is BRILLIANT, i had no idea that wasn't all one piece! (just when i thought i couldn't love this more... it has a COOL SECRET!) :) thanks for celebrating all things cool and wintery with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOSH... I just LOVE this card! Fantastic!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations