Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Card Tin

This is the project Kaye had planned for us this weekend. I used a 12x12 sheet of Heidi Grace ds dp. Kaye had this cool ribbon that is off white and pink in it. She also bought silk flowers from Michael's, then showed me how to tear them apart and take out the green centers. (Much less expensive than buying the large primas). We mixed and matched the flowers and added a brad to the new center.

My brad was yellow. I got to try a technique that I have not needed until now...I inked it with pigment ink and heat embossed it until it matched.



Kaye typed our categories on the computer, printed it out on pink Bazzill cs, then we used an SU! round tab punch to create each tab on 4x6 craft cs. Next time we will cut the 4x6 a bit bigger, but these are okay, and...no scraps!
I think this will make a nice gift for someone special.
Kaye found the tins at Michael's, in case you were wondering :)

4 comments:

Kristie said...

ooooohhh, that's just gorgeous! And I love the idea of buying silk flowers and taking out the centres, very clever!!

Leslie Hanna said...

How pretty!

Sue Hyer said...

Your tin is gorgeous!!!

lauren bergold said...

that's GORGEOUS and sooooo practical! somebody will LOVE this as a prezzie!