Saturday, August 16, 2008

Paper Piecing is for the birds



I got this adorable bird stamp (Imaginisce) and the "Hello There" (MFT) at Angela's Happy Stamper 2 weeks ago. I had to use them :) The flower stamp is Hero Arts, and the dps are Chatterbox. I used SU! markers to ink the HA flower (both top and bottom layers), but the bird is done completely (twice...top layer and bottom) in Chatterbox dps and my SU! white gel pen for the center of the flower on the bird. I used SU! dimensionals for the HA flower and the cute little bird.
I also purchased "Happy Day" and the adorable love bird stamp at Angela's 2 weeks ago too. I colored the birds with SU! markers, but paper pieced the tux for the groom bird. I used DCWV brads with the SU! circle, oval, and fancy label punch. The birds and sentiment/label are mounted on SU! dimensionals, though it is hard to see in the picture. The love bird card will go to dh's little cousin, Alice, who will be getting married in October. Okay, well maybe she's not so "little" age-wise anymore (28 yo), but she is short like me :) I still think of her as little Alice, who I met when she was just 7 yo, so she may always be "little Alice" to me :)
A question for you...please be honest...is the love birds card good enough for me to make a few more to sell at the coffee shops????

6 comments:

June said...

I love your cards. I'm into birds these days, for some reason. I think your cards are definitely good enough to sell at coffee shops. I'd try local florist shops too.

Leslie Hanna said...

Yep! It looks very professional, so go for it!

Kristie said...

Of course it's good enough!!! I think a lot of people would think it's just gorgeous...I sure do. It's 'simply elegant' and if they don't sell you can always send them off to Lauren...LOL!!

Lavender Rose said...

I am a bird fan and I do like these, I am sure they would be popular.

lauren bergold said...

to answer your question: YES!!!!!!!!!!!! i love BOTH of these cards, and they would both definitely DEFINITELY sell!!! :)

lauren bergold said...

(HA! i just saw kristie's comment!) :)