Monday, December 22, 2008

The Phoenix Rises & A Re-Run

This is my Phoenix card...rising out of the ashes (bits of scraps) with beautiful gold and red plumage (new Versamark Dazzle used on the red Nestie scallop), and almost immortal (internet).

Let's start with the "ashes":
* The red scallop was a scrap I was given at Angela's Happy Stamper to try out the new Versamark Dazzle. Leslie and I tried this together :)
The sentiment is a Savvy stamp I purchased at Angela's.

* The dp is a scrap of DCWV from this card.

* The red photo corner is one I punched months ago (SU punch), but ended up not using.

* The white ribbon was a small scrap too large to throw away, but too small to do anything else with (to the best of my knowledge).

In my desire to use more Christmas-y items before filing them away in my Christmas folder, this card emerged. I actually started it after the New Year Card Debacle. I had layered the dp on old olive, then on red linen, but my reds did not match. Also, I was trying to place the scallop circle on top, which covered the dp too much. So I left it. This morning it just kinda came together. I love it when that happens! Ya know I had to add the paper piercing ;)


Next I did a re-run (an almost re-run) of a thank you card I made last month for my grandmother. On Friday I had a customer at Greenberry's request some romantic cards he could buy for his girlfriend. I promised him I would come up with something and have it in the store right after Christmas. (I need to get some reserves ready for when I pull any leftover holiday cards.) I had exactly enough dp to make these 4 cards.

2 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Wow - you actually used the scrap ... AND the new Versamark ink ... I am humbled (mine are still in the bag.) ;-) Love both of these cards!

lauren bergold said...

wow, wow, WOWSERS!!!!!!!!!! you are too cool for school, miss june!!! what with your scrap-usage & general supply-savvy-ness!

(you are SOMEWHAT rubbing off on me as a good example--all of my little strips-n-layers cards are scrapbased; and by the end of xmas-assembly i was making 3 or 4 things out of the same sheet to maximize supplies & effort! SEE?!?!? even an old incurable like myself can learn from THE MASTER!!!) :)