Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Punch is in da House!

Thanks to Sue, I have another curly label punch. I returned the non-working punch to Sue on Wednesday and SU sent me a new one. And this one works!

These will be dh's thank you notes for his birthday presents. I still have lots of prep for Christmas (and only 9 days left...but who's counting?) so I kept it simple. I have this virginal box of K&Co. cards from Mike's; I pulled out all the ones that look like this base card. I used scrap cs (blue) and scrap Bazzill (purple). I used the SU curly label punch and an SU 3 flower punch. The purple ink is Memories, and the flower brad is Provo Craft.





I made these cards to help me start on my own thank you cards for Christmas. All the papers, stamps, inks, and ribbon is SU except the base card (DCWV). Sue taught me how to make this cool die cut (chocolate chip). Cut your cs into a 2.75" square, then use your SU scallop border punch on all 4 sides. I tried using the Fiskars scallop border punch (it has holes in each scallop), which is officially called "Threading Water", and I could not figure out what dimension to cut the square to get it to work. If you figure it out (using the Fiskars punch), I will send you blog candy!

3 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

CUTE CARDS!!!!

I did a project with that scallop edge punched square with my weekend's workshops. I also have the threading water punch, so I'll try and figure it out for you.... Right.... Okay, how about I tell you how I think you'd do it, then you can do it yourself, instead? ;-)

(1) Measure how far from the end of the last scallop in the one you did to the edge of the card stock square. (2) Write down that number. (3) Punch the threading water punch along the edge of a piece of card stock. (4) Measure from the edge of the last scallop a distance equal to the number you wrote down in step 2 to each end of your new scallop. (5) measure that distance, because it equals the size square you will need.

Okay, go forth and measure, then let me know if I was even close. ;-)

Leslie Hanna said...

PS: And if I am right, DO NOT SEND ME BLOG CANDY! I think I might send YOU something, instead. OMG, I need to organize more...

lauren bergold said...

loooooooooooooooove these! so gorgeous! so cool! so much so that i forgive you for being SO MUCH MORE prepared than i am!!! :)

(will check back for the official word on the fiskars punch, as i HAVE THAT too and i love the scalloppy window thingie!)