Our Cuttlebug Challenge this week is to create a pocket card with red as the main color. You do not have to go with an Asian theme...we are just so excited over the new Asian line of embossing folders by Provo Craft! I can't wait to get mine :)
I chose to make a gift card holder. I used red linen card stock as my base, Hero Arts origami paper, and scraps of yellow card stock and white Bazzill card stock. I embossed the yellow card stock with the Floral Screen embossing folder. I stamped and embossed the fan (Judi Kins stamp) in gold on a scrap of red linen card stock. I cut it out and popped it up with foam tape. I added some gold cording for interest.
Here is a tutorial on how to create this pocket card:
1. Cut red linen card stock @ 3.5" x 10.5". Score @ 3" and 7".
2. Create thumb hole: On the end that has the 3"x3.5" panel, punch a half circle in the center (I used a 1" circle punch).
3. Create a 1" notch: On the opposite end (3.5"x3.5" panel) use a pencil to mark off at 1.25" and 2.25". Draw a line with your pencil 1/4" up from and parallel to the end side. Using the Stampin' Up word window punch, line up your punch between the 1/4" line and your 1.25" pencil marking and punch (left side). Now punch on the right side (line up word window punch with 1/4" line and the 2.25" pencil mark). See the top of the second picture to see my notch.
4. Create slot for notch: Fold on scored lines with the thumb hole inside and the notch on the outside. Using a pencil, mark on the left and right side of the notch. Open back up. Use a paper piercer to make two tiny holes where your pencil marks are then use an Xacto knife and ruler to connect the two tiny holes.
5. Create gift card pocket: Use a strong adhesive (red line tape, Terrifically Tacky tape, or photo tape) on the edges on the thumb hole panel.
6. Slide in gift card, fold up and slide notch in slot, and decorate the front as desired.
I hope you have time to make a pocket card (any style) with red as the main color and link your creation over at Cuttlebug Challenge blog.