Do you ever feel like God, the Universe, or whatever higher power you personally believe in is trying to send you a message? For me, I often need a sledgehammer to get through to my noggin. Let me explain...
- My friend, Roberta, first introduced me to her Dream workshop. Setting goals and writing them down have a much higher chance of success. When I moved away, Roberta and I kept in touch for a couple of years, but then we lost touch. She recently found me through blogging and we have resumed our friendship :) Coincidence? I don't believe in coincidences.
- My friend, Lauren, has participated in 52Q for ~2 years. I have admired her ATC cards that she has shared on her blog and wished I had time to participate. Then she posted a link to Bruce Mau Design's Incomplete Manifesto for Growth. Lauren is participating in Tiggerye's I Heart the Art for 2010 (weekly Saturday prompts).
- Maggie, owner of Cuttlebug Challenge blog, recently posted that she hopes to participate in Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Project.
I woke up this morning and decided I have to do this. No thinking or planning allowed...just do it. I love the top note die, so I grabbed that. I knew if I wanted to stay motivated to do this for 52 weeks, I needed to choose paper for my project that makes me smile. You know I went for my scraps first! I pulled these Creative Imaginations papers and a scrap of red Bazzill (red is my favorite color and Bazzill is my favorite card stock). I picked two pieces of chipboard that happened to be cut the same size. I cut the CI paper to those dimensions. The heart was on my table from yesterday's lack of success trying to make valentines.
I decided to do the first prompt, "Aim to..." on the inside of the front cover. My aims were taken directly from Mau & Rubin:
- Begin anywhere
- Love your experiments
- Process is more important than outcome
- Spend out- don't save for a special occasion- now is special
So what do you think?