Tuesday, July 22, 2008

{Caardvark}'s Challenge & Evolution

Today I had very little time and I desperately needed a thank you card for my paternal grandmother, "Memere". I saw on the 'Varks Challenge blog that the current challenge is to use this wonderful sketch.

I usually try to make a batch of thank you cards for just such an occasion, but I have none in my stash.

The evolution of these 10 minute cards...

Saturday, when I was cleaning up from the lady bug card (see previous post...I ended up making 3 of those), some varied scraps were poking out of an envelope on my table where I put scraps/project leftovers I can't seem to throw out, but are too small to re-file. I **almost** threw them away on Saturday.

Maybe I should have, I'm doubt these are good enough to enter in the contest, but good enough for Memere. Grandmothers think everything you make is beautiful :)


You know I love using my scraps and using up stash. For the first card the two MM rub-ons (small flower & "thank you") were the last in the package. The stripe paper is SEI. The other dps (both cards) are from scrapbooking the girls' 2005 Easter pictures I scrapped and blogged August 20, 2007.

For the second card, I used an SU! stamp ("thanks") and I used chocolate chip ink.
Both cards are DCWV and the flowers are all QK Revolution dies leftovers from a couple of different scrapbook pages I made last year.
If you check my blog from time to time, you already know I post pretty much everything I make, ranging from good to what-was-I-thinking. I think maybe these are WWIT cards :)
There is a scrap of red with white polka dots in that same envelope calling to me. I may try that now and see what evolves. Check back tomorrow, okay? Thanks!

2 comments:

lauren bergold said...

the only "WWYT" that *i* can see here is: HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE THESE?! granted, they are not as complicated or multi-faceted as SOME of your awesome creations...but then...it is a VERY simple sketch...and these cards capture it perfectly! go now and link these to VARKS if you have not already!!! seriously!!!

SmilynStef said...

I think these are fabulous ... pretty and perfect.