Monday, July 14, 2008

A Five Minute card + Two Scrappy cards

First, I will apologize for not visiting any favorite blogs for nearly a week. I am anxious to see the inspirational eye candy you have created! I still am catching up from the beach trip. I know you understand...you need a vacation from a vacation; the prep before you leave, and the laundry, bills, and unpacking after you return.

So the urge to make a card is strong, but today I will be invoicing cards for the coffee shops and adding a new location: the yoga center. The yoga center master, Hong, asked if I would try to sell my cards in her center. It is located in the same shopping center as the Leesburg Greenberry's, so I won't be spending any more gas $$$. I asked Tracy and Amy (my card making & selling partners), and they are okay with giving it a try.


These cards I made last Wednesday morning also (right after the card in the previous post). For the first card, I said to myself, "Don't think, just create!" Okay, so thinking might have been a better choice. After I completed it, I wished I had added a layer of white cs underneath the dp (KI). The alpahs are Me & My Big Ideas, the "2" is Thickers (this is white IRL, but looks cream in the pic), and the "PARTY" rub-on is TLC.
Okay, so you know the scraps of dp were just challenging me to be used up AND I wanted to see if white cs would look better. I had two skinny strips of dp and two small rectangles. This is the sketch I came up with using those scraps (and some KI stripe dp). I made 2 cards like this. "TIME 2" are Hero Arts stamps, and "blow out the candles" is a TLC rub-on. The last card (not pictured) used a MM "celebrate" rub-on. It's not gonna win any awards, but I do like this last sketch.

4 comments:

lauren bergold said...

well now, see, i really LIKE the first card as well! ...AND...of course the second card--with its fab sketch and its matted panels and its more sophisticated/polished design--is absolutely THE FRUIT of card one's instinctive fast-paced approach! in both cases i say, "GO, JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!! way to work the MOJO!!!"!!!

(see *THIS* is what is great about the 3BT/art journalling concept--you warm up making something that can be utterly private if you want; which allows you to GO NUTS with zero pressure...and then take the refined aspects of that and put them into something more "public")

ps: congrats on the new location!

Leslie Hanna said...

Scraps, huh? Well, just this morning I decided that this month's personal challenge would be to use the pile of scraps left over from last month instead of braking into virgin card stock and paterned paper. Yeah, wish me luck with that!

BTW, I am so going to use that sketch. PERFECTO for scraps! :-)

Leslie Hanna said...

"breaking", "breaking", not "braking"! Sigh...too early to be typing.

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

Congratulations on a new selling spot and those cards rule. I do understand your explanation concerning the 2nd one and love it totally! Course, I love the first one too!!! :)

xox!