I made this card for my friend, Martha. I still had out my KI scraps bag from Kaye's card (yesterday's post). The circle of KI dp shown here was already cut. I had taught a circle book class at Memories, and apparently I cut one too many, or it would not have been in the bag.
The card came together this way (a little trip through my brain):
1. Pulled circle of dp out of KI scrap bag.
2. Wow! That's a big circle...no A2 card today...gotta get out the larger cards from the ValuePack cards.
3. I love green & purple together; I'll get out the green Bazzill scrap bag and the purple Bazzill scrap bag.
4. I usually leave a 1/8" border on my cards, but the largest scrap of purple Bazzill is shy of that, so cut my green strip the same length. I'm not cutting into a fresh piece of 12x12 if I can help it, people :)
5. I want to find a stamp in my "flowers" stamp drawers and use eyelets in the center of each. I don't use eyelets much anymore. I've become a mini brad girl. Hmmm...this Hero Arts stamp is the best fit for that idea.
6. Stamp and color petals pink (3 color rule).
7. I don't have eyelets to coordinate. Color centers green or purple? I'm layering on green over the purple, so green. Add a strip of pink Bazzill to the bottom and add 3 purple brads.
8. I'll use 3 purple brads vertically in the top left of the card. Oops! I paper pierced my spacing wrong. Two holes are way too close together. Now what should I cover that up with?
9. Pink prima. Purple brad? Oops. No. I already colored the stamped flowers with a green center. Find a green brad that coordinates. Replace 3 purple brads (step 7) with green brads also.
10. Still a little flat. Cuttlebug! Swiss dots to the purple cs, and dimensionals under the stamped & layered panel.
11. Wow, that took a long time. Find a pen and get this baby in the mail.