Sunday, July 4, 2010

Who Loves You?

I am a paper addict. There are so many paper companies and so many pretty patterns, but BasicGrey remains my favorite. I used to buy only 12x12 papers because they are less expensive per square inch. My little craft room is bursting with papers, so more recently I have been purchasing 6x6 pads. They have fewer different patterns than the 12x12, but smaller print patterns so the patterns don't get lost on a small card. That is a real plus. And there is a surprising amount of cards you can make from one 6x6 pad.

Seriously. From this one BasicGrey Lemonade pad I made today's card, a thank you card, this butterfly birthday card, 5 quilt cards,...probably more and there are still papers that have not been cut into.

Today's card was inspired by my sweet DT sister, Shantaie. Her card is here. I was also inspired by this card/sketch also using BG papers.

Happy Independence Day to my American friends. Happy July 4th to the rest of the world :)

12 comments:

Windy Hills said...

OMG--this is adorable and another way to use up oh so many of my scraps.

Crazie Kat said...

I never thought of combining these different shapes. The colors, shapes, and patterns really sets this card off. Great job June!

1heart4stamping said...

Another FABULOUS way to use up my boxes of scraps. Thanks for the idea; your the best!

KarenB said...

Your card is amazing, what a fab design for showcasing lots of different patterns, and of course you can't go wrong with Basic Grey :) Thanks so much for popping in at my blog and leaving your kind message.

Girlsinthecraft said...

That owl is adorable. I absolutely love that 'blinged out' eye of his.

Chris said...

Hi June! Hope you had a good 4th July holiday and my goodness this is such a lovely card and a great way to use the papers. I agree about the 6x6 pads they're perfect for cards and take less space :D. Love that fuzzy owl too. Hugs, Chris

Silli said...

Big smile... your card is sooo cute, love the funny owl and the papers... Hugs and happy day!

Linda Brun said...

Beautiful card June, love all the great BG paper ! And the owl is just the cutest!!!
Hug

Corie said...

Oh WOW this is so cute -- and I love ya :o)

Kay said...

I've always loved Basic Grey, too! I've recently started buying more 6 x 6 pads and they are perfect for card makers! I love how the patterns are usually scaled down.

Your card is super duper cute! The little felt owl is precious and I like the circles! This is a wonderfully designed card!!! ♥♥ Kay

lauren bergold said...

of course i can personally attest to the beauty and fine crafts(wo)manship of the quilty lemonade cards in question (♥♥♥!) and i love THIS cool version, too!!! (that owl is just TOO adorable!)

Anonymous said...

Five, count them, 5 times I've been in here to look at this owl!! You have made me smile each time! Love that in ya, babe!! ~yourAlien