Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Create a Scene

This week's challenge at Cuttlebug Challenge blog is to create a scene. I knew immediately that I wanted to use Core'dinations Whitewash collection with my Provo Craft Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles embossing folder and my newest My Favorite Things (MFT) stamp set. Isn't he the cutest Flopsey ever? I figured it would be cheating to only use the MFT stamp, so I created a rug (SU! oval punch). I added the soap (Jolee's sticker) and a rubber ducky (PSX). I added diamond glaze to Flopsey's white bubbles. I used BasicGrey Granola papers for Flopsey, his rug & scalloped oval, and the tub. All the background papers (plaid is cut from SU! top note die) are BasicGrey June Bug papers. The yellow fiber is from my stash.

I thought scene cards would be difficult. But you know what? They are so much FUN!!! This is my second scene card. My first scene card is here, and it is one of my favorite cards I have ever made. Wouldn't that Core'dinations whitewash paper look fab embossed with the Cuttlebug snowflakes folder? If you have never created a scene (card-wise...LOL), I hope you will give it a try and link your creation to Cuttlebug Challenge blog.

Happy Wednesday!

19 comments:

lauren bergold said...

awwwwwwwwwwww! bunnee bubble bath!!!!!!!! ok, *that* is awesome, not to mention adorable, and i love♥LOVE♥looooooooooove those tiny bubbles!!! (so much so that i forgive you for gettin' the don ho song STUCK IN MY HEAD at 10am!!!)

...yeah...you rock...uh-huh...♥

Jenn K said...

So sweet!! Isn't Flopsey the best!!?

Karen said...

What an adorable scene card! Love little Flopsey in the tub!!

Hugs,
Karen

Unknown said...

OMGoodness June, this is sooo fabulous! I love, love, LOVE the way you used your stickers for bubbles! Genius I tell ya!

(-: Heidi

Deb said...

June, what a great idea, using the embossing folder for bubbles, its perfect! I love Flopsy, sooooo cute!!!

Vicki said...

How precious! Beautiful job! Blessings to you!

Shauna K said...

hehe ahhh that rubber duckie is too much! :D sooo cute! and lovin the plaid paper :D and the glaze and soap are THE perfect touches!!! :D love it, gurl!

Anonymous said...

Aw absolutly `Loverly bubbly June` Your card is simple `beautiful` TFS:)
Enjoy the rest of your week:)x

Rosemary said...

love the mix of prints and oh how cute with the bunny and duckie!!

Rosanne said...

So cute, love this scene!

Kristie said...

Oh yeah, this is beyond cute!!!! I just adore this bunny and you are being very naughty tempting me like that :)
I love the mix of pattern and I specially love that little rubber ducky! What an awesome card!!!!

Silli said...

Om Je, what a fun card. Love the image and the colors... Great work. Big hugs and happy day. Hugs and smiles..Silke

Allison said...

how cute
AllisonX

Michelle said...

this is an adorable ans sweet scene card!

TFS june!
michell.e

Anonymous said...

Love this card! great image and great scene!...HUGS...SK :)

Esther Asbury said...

How adorable! What a cute little bunny, and a sweet little scene!

Amy Sheffer said...

So cute, June!! Great job on the scene!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

very cute card!!!!!!!!!!!!
love the sweet image!!!!!!!!
tfs:)
chat

Anonymous said...

Adorable card, love the super cute little duck! Loving the lush tartan paper too.
Your creations are all beautiful!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!
Hugs,
Erin x