Monday, August 10, 2009

My Snuggle Bunny card is at Use It this week!!!!

We spent a nice weekend at our cousins' new home. We returned last night. We had a blast! Today I've done the usual stuff...laundry, pay bills, catch up on email, etc. Then I decided to check my fave challenge blogs for some inspiration, and guess what? Rae has this snuggle bunny card as this week's Use It challenge.

Here are the details:
1. Try a new technique...
it can be an old technique,
but one you have not tried.
On my card I die cut the blue stars paper
and chocolate chip layers
by using the Sizzix/Stampin' Up! Top Note die.
Rotate the paper 90 degrees,
then die cut using the top note die again.
It creates a funky square :) (Thanks for teaching me, Leslie!!!)
I also used the SU! curly label punch
the same way for the sentiment:
punch once, rotate 90 degrees
and punch a second time.


2. Use a virgin stamp...
I purchased this MFT stamp set when it was brand new,
but I had not used it until now :)


3. Use papers you have never used before...

I fell in love with these DCWV Garden Party papers,
but they were too pretty to cut
(well, *almost* to pretty to cut!)


I hope you have time to play along. Remember, just Use It!

14 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

I noticed that right away! But what do you mean about turning the curly label punch? Is it not the same in both directions? (Need to go look later tonight!)

Anonymous said...

isnt that stamp adorable... such a cute card

Rosanne said...

Such a cute card!

Deb said...

Oh June, this is adorable! Love the Snuggle Bunny image,they are so sweet on top of the moon :-) Great papers too.

KarenB said...

That stamp is so sweet,and your card is lovely.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Tricia said...

what a wonderful card! i love it!

Unknown said...

Awwwww, June this is just too adorable! That image and sentiment are so sweet! Wonderful, wonderful card!

(-: Heidi

Mel said...

Super sweet card, love it. Great blog ~ Mel

having a {me} day said...

Ahhhh, cute card! I love your funky square! katxx

Kristie said...

This is completely and utterly adorable!!! I just love that image and the sentiment is sweet. Just perfect ♥

Kard Queen said...

OMG--another fabulous technique! Precious card and I will definitely try this.

Windy Hills said...

I have the Garden Party stack! Wow--great job and cute card!!!

lauren bergold said...

OH
MY
GIDDY
GREAT
AUNT
!!!!!!!!!!!
♥♥♥♥♥
(this might be the best thing i have seen all week. ok, except for the poster of daniel craig we have on the wall at work. and jeff's homemade shrimp fajitas. but other than that this **IS** the best thing i have seen all week!!!!) :)
♥♥♥♥♥

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

OUuuu! That funky square is amazing (makes me want the top not now) :o) I love your bunnehs! They are cuter than cute and the way you did the sentiment. Unbelievably gorgeous! :o)