Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Monochromatic Sympathy card

 
  Hello bloggie friends!  We have had lots of family visiting for the past several days; they are all gone now and the house is so quiet.  My mom was here yesterday and wanted me to help her make a few cards.  She and I found a few inspiring cards on blogs, and we both CASEd today's card.  This is my version; my mom made both "happy birthday" and "thank you."

  This card is a CASE of a card I saw on Pinterest.  I believe it was originally pinned from a "thinking of you" card by the lovely Christine Pyrch.  I started with my new Fancy Pants "Country Boutique" 6x6 pad (so many neutral colors in quatrefoil, chevron, text, polka dots, and woodgrain patterns...a staple for any paper crafter!)  I chose this quatrefoil pattern and cut a 2x2 square.  I used a 12x12 sheet of Bazzill card stock for the layer and the branch.  I stamped my sentiment and added a button and twine...a sweet and elegant card.

Supplies:
paper:  Fancy Pants "Country Boutique" 6x6 pad; Bazzill card stock; SU whisper white card stock
ink:  Tim Holtz distress ink "pumice stone"
branch die:  SU
sentiment stamp:  SU "Brighter Tomorrow"
button & twine:  from my stash

Happy Tuesday!


14 comments:

Danni said...

This is stunning! Beautiful card!

Kard Queen said...

This is simply elegant and so appropriate for expressing sympathy thoughts.

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!!

Denise Price said...

The card turned out perfect, with understated elegance. That "Country Boutique" pad sounds good; I'll have to keep my eye out for it... :) Thanks for the tip!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful!!

~amy~ said...

such a pretty sympathy card...love the monochromatic design.

Chrissie said...

I haven't visited you for a while June but this is really lovely. How nice to be crafting with your Mom!
I think your anonymous comment may need deleting!
Chrissie xx

Arlene said...

This is simply elegant! Love, love, love this!

Ros Crawford said...

This is incredibly elegant ... so very beautiful June

Unknown said...

Looks so pretty. Love the simple elegance of your card..

Hugs~

MS said...

ooo, gorgeous, June! It's so elegant.

Sherrie K. said...

Another beautiful card June!
Sherrie K

Leslie Hanna said...

Another simple and gorgeous card. Love it!

Linda Breedlove said...

These papers are just the perfect combination for a sympathy card (I must remember this). Your sentiment stamp is beautiful and the spray of leaves with the bit of patterned paper is so chic. Thank you for the inspiration, June. I hate to say it, but I seem to have to make a lot of sympathy cards.
Hugs!