Thursday, October 15, 2009

Take A Bow Challenge

Caardvarks' current challenge has May Arts as the sponsor; my favorite ribbon manufacturer. The prize is several rolls of their delicious ribbon if you use ribbon in a wonderful way. I don't know if my ribbon usage could be described as 'wonderful', but I'll enter anyway. Perhaps I will find time this weekend to be a little more creative with some ribbon...it has me thinking about using ribbon I never use...can I make a card using it in a wonderful way? Hopefully I can come up with something. Aren't challenge blogs terrific for helping you: #1 Use your stash and #2 Help you think outside your normal patterns?

For my card I used DCWV double-sided paper, layered on SU! chocolate chip. The base card is DCWV. I don't know who made this ribbon; it came in a kit. I used the SU! top note die, tag punches, stamp, markers, and dimensionals. The mini brad is by American Crafts.

This week has been unexpectedly busy, and as a result I have been a bad blogger. I did some fly by visits to all of my blog friends this morning, but left minimal comments. My sincere apologies! I was a little relieved to see that many of you have been busy this week too and did not post much either. Sending out a cyber hug to all of you still reading this post :)

13 comments:

Silli said...

Hello sweet JUne, your card is very pretty. I love the colors... The tag is fab! Greta work...(((always))) Wish you a happy weekend... Hugs Silke

Kard Queen said...

This is a pretty card and shows that less is more! The simple elegance of the card sets the ribbon off.

Crazie Kat said...

Your card is perfect in everyway. Just like Mary Poppins!!

Tracy said...

oh i love this card :-) pretty colors, papers and darnit you are trying to torture me w/that top note die arent you! :-) love it.

lauren bergold said...

cyberhug received and appreciated with a big "BACKATCHA" in regard to the sentiment and also the general busy-ness of this week!!!

GOOD blogger! good, good, creative busy lovely blogger!

lovely card, as well. it's simple, it's elegant...hey waiddaminnit...that'd be a GREAT name for someone's online journal, wouldn't it?!?! ♥

Chrissie said...

This is lovely June, those colours are just wonderful!

Deb said...

Hi June! You've been busy but lucky for us you've found some time to stamp!! Love this card, and the ribbon too, what a gorgeous colour. TFS :-) Enjoy the weekend.

Kay said...

Hugs right back at ya, June! :o) I LOVE the SU! top note die. Hmm...might need to get that one! This card is so lovely. The ribbon matches your colors perfectly and I LOVE the stamp on your tag! I hope you win that gorgeous May Arts prize!!!! ♥♥ Kay

Shauna K said...

aww I like this one better! love the colors and the cute tag :D

dstandard said...

What a beautiful card!

Kathy Jones said...

Such a lovely card and great design! Good luck with the challenge!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is officially my new favorite for using a tag on a card!! You are stupendous!!

Anonymous said...

June, I love this card! I love the colors and the simplicity of it and the way you used my favorite tag.