Monday, January 2, 2012

Six Flags LO

  Can you believe it?  Another LO from me.  I didn't even want to start yesterday's LO, but once I got going I had so much fun!  After completing the Alaska LO, I filed away the extras from that travel kit (card stock, brads, fibers, ribbons, etc.)  When I went to put away the extra travel-themed scrapbook paper in my "Travel" scrapbook paper file, I could not fit the file back on the shelf.  Yikes!  I looked on the shelf for something I could remove, and I saw a box of pictures I had developed to make a theme park LO back in 2008.  This scrapbook page is from a kit from 2003!  The instructions included tracing out and fussy cutting "the THRILL of it."  Oh, I remember having to stencil and fussy cut my titles.  No more!  I used Making Memories rub-on alphas (black lettering below) and my Cricut "Plantin Schoolbook" cartridge for "THRILL."

The kit was a one page kit using the SEI paper (circles) and Making memories double-dipped card stock colors.  Does anyone else remember that card stock?  I hoard it.  It is a great weight and the colors are wonderful.  I used the purple and orange as mats for these photos, then I went to my "Making Memories" card stock file in search of more for a second page.  I found a 12x12 in the orange (my last one!) and matted 4 photos in the purple again.  Then I found some red card stock in my red scraps that matched the red circle in the SEI paper.  I used it to cut "THRILL" and I matted two photos in the red:
Simple, but I am happy with it :)

13 comments:

Joan V said...

June, you are really on a roll. What a fun layout. Looks like everyone had fun at Six Flags :).
Thanks for sharing.

artfuldelight said...

Oh wow June, these are awesome. Love the first LO!! :-)

~amy~ said...

Check you out...you are on a scrapping extravaganza! Love how you've managed to pack in tons of fab photos!

Amy said...

Looks like fun- I love how you put the title around the circle!!! :)Amy

Judy said...

June, I love the layouts. Happy New Year to you and your family.
Judy

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are rockin' it girl!! I loveeeeeeeeeee these!! LOVING the photos and loveeeee all the circles on the first one! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Court said...

VERY sweet!!!

Missy said...

Great layout! I like all the circles & the curved sentiment. Simple yes, but looks very nice and gets another layout in a book!!!

Unknown said...

Look at you girly!! I love it.. Looks like you had a great time!! Those photos look great.

Hugs, Linda

lauren bergold said...

oh wow!!! it's REWIND WEEK here on the SE blog!!! how awesome is that??!?! well done you, for some SERIOUSLY dedicated stash usage... but then this fab LO is its own reward, really, eh??! (ps: IMAGINE fussy cutting that whole title!!!!!!!!!!!! NO WONDER you never quite got around to doing this one in 2003!!!!!!!) :) :) :) :) :)

Sherrie K. said...

Great layout June! The lettering on the outer part of the circle is very creative and looks awesome. I also love how you got so many pic's in-I need to lift that idea, lol! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Roberta said...

Simple is good...I love how bright, fresh, sharp and clean these pages look!

Linda said...

OH this looks like so much fun! I love how you get 6 pictures to a page.