Thursday, December 4, 2014

Life of the Party - SRM Stickers!

These sweet cupcakes and "Happy Birthday!" sentiment come from just one sheet of SRM Birthday Stickers by the Dozen.  And I've only used six here.  Believe me, I would have used all twelve if I had more of that yummy green/kraft polka dot paper.

I am so happy to be able to craft again these past two weeks!  I was too ill to do much of anything since early September.  I crafted like crazy last summer and I had set my auto-posts through early November, but then my auto-posts ran out.  Bummer.

My goal earlier this year was to work on my daughters' scrapbook.  Last summer I finally finished scrapbooking 2005 and I am nearly finished with 2006!  I would love to finish up 2006 this month, but I have a few gifts yet to make for Christmas presents.  My card stash is also very low, so I am adding another crafty goal:  use it up.

I have a lot of stash.  A lot.  I save pretty papers; e.g. these two BasicGrey "Life of the Party" 12x12 sheets I purchased  few years ago.  The back side of the green polka dot is a polka dot chevron paper that I just had to have.  I have never been able to make it work on a card, but I loved it.  Two days ago I desperately needed two birthday cards.  The cute cupcake sticker looked best with the green polka dot side of the BasicGrey chevron paper.  I was going to just make what I needed, but then told myself I need to just use it up!  The one sheet of 12x12 (green polka dot/chevron) was enough to make six cards, so I made six.

I plan to make USE IT UP my personal goal for 2015.  I am not sure of the details of this goal yet, and I am open to suggestions.  I would like to add "how long can I make it without buying new product"; purchasing adhesive or a new Cricut blade does not count nor any other "necessity" to keep on crafting.  Anyone care to join me in my Use It Up self-challenge?

Happy Thursday!

8 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm in!
I definitely have enough stuff - and i'd certainly like to "USE IT UP"! Let's do it June :-)
These are the cards you were talking about yesterday - soooo cute. Those little cupcakes are so cute and just a perfect batch of birthday cards. Did you draw in all those stitches around the cards?

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love love these!!! Those cupcakes are one of my FAVE SRM's EVER!!!!!!!!

Migdalia said...

I saw the cards on FB this morning and I LOVE them!!ADORABLE!!
Have a wonderful day my friend,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Windy Hills said...

What a beautiful set of cards--love the cupcakes--yum, yum!

~amy~ said...

Yay for crafting! Love these sweet cards!

Shelly said...

I'm so happy to hear you are feeling up to crafting! That sure makes my heart happy :) These cards are so CUTE and yes YUMMY green polka dot paper!
Awesome cards June!
Have a great evening!
Shelly

lauren bergold said...

OH MY GOSH have there ever been cuuuuuuuuuuuuter, cooler, more appealing birthday cards IN THE WORLD?! i think not. these are brilliant, missus! & 3 cheers for you feeling crafty again! WOOHOO! ♥♥♥

ps: i LOVE the idea of a "use it up" plan... but in practice... i just sort of wing it! i admire your stick-to-it-ness, however! i'll be cheering you on!!!

Nunzia Carusio said...

I love this birthday cards. Very good work!