Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Fred She Said/ Tim Holtz vintage ornament card/gift card holder

It's a card and a gift card...
...all in one! I added foam tape to the back of the Tim Holtz shape die only at the top and bottom so that the gift card would slide in.

Fred She Said
is sponsoring us this week at Betty Bee's Buzz. The beauty of digi images is the ability to print them any size you want. I knew I wanted to use my Tim die for this card and the BasicGrey Fruitcake paper "Vintage Ornament." I distressed the edges of the die with Tim Holtz distress inks. I colored my image with copics and Bic Mark-it. Before I invested in copic markers, I tried a set of Bic and Sharpies markers. I find they both Bic & Sharpie color well, but I had trouble blending colors for shading AND if I made an error it could not be erased. I love my copic 0 colorless blender...I make a few errors when coloring sometimes and this erases beautifully :)

Check out Betty Bee's Buzz and leave a comment for a chance at blog candy; join us for our challenge this week and earn a chance at winning a gift certificate to Fred She Said too. I hope to see you there!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I absolutely love that ornament image, the card/giftcard combo is awesome, and the bow is outstanding!!! Love this!! <3

Rosemary said...

gorgeous! Love your ornament card and how clever for a gift card!

Windy Hills said...

This is a beautiful image; great job!

send gift Philippines said...

What a very adorable gift cards I love it so much. Keep posting!

toni