Saturday, February 26, 2011

Jingle Belles TEXT ME doodley-doo holiday & blog candy

Happy Saturday! I've been away in FL with my dh & our girls visiting my grandmother, aunt & uncle. We enjoyed a really nice visit. We rode the overnight auto train to FL, which was a new experience for all of us. I stayed in FL a few extra days for the first annual HoneyBee retreat in Orlando, FL. It was great fun getting to know my fellow DT sisters even better...check out Betty Bee's Buzz to see pics of us and some of our projects!

I went thru a little Jingle Belles & blog withdrawal :) There was no free wi-fi on our train, and it was sketchy at best in the hotel. As a result I missed out on last week's Jingle Belles challenge, but today I tried this week's challenge, TEXT ME. I used SEI's doodley-doo holiday papers. I feel a bit rusty at card making after being gone so long from my craft room. I cut the curvy mats on my cricut from two different double-sided papers, so I may try to make another card using the reverse sides.

I did get to make some fun projects with my fellow HoneyBees, and I will share one on Wednesday with you. The others are already posted at the hive. Friendly reminder:
currently at Betty Bee's Buzz:
***Don't forget to leave us comments, posts and links to be eligible for our blog candy give away. All entries for the month of Feb. will be included, and the winner will be announced on March 2nd.

There are a couple of extra goodies out there, so check out the Wednesday challenges! This week our challenge is to enter any project featuring a BEE. One in every five will win a special gift that was given to the HoneyBees at the swarm!

16 comments:

Chris said...

A beautiful card June, love your design and gorgeous papers. Glad you had a good trip to Florida and some fun with your team mates, it's good to have some crafty girlie time. Hugs, Chris :)

Girlsinthecraft said...

Glad to see that you are back and jumping right back into things. Love your take on the 'text me' challenge.

jengd said...

Love the filled "o" and the matching frame- cute idea!

Jess said...

Fab card! Love how you used text inside the O!

SmilynStef said...

So very glad to see you back among the Belles ... love that big O in Joy ... one of my favorite holiday words (a favorite word all year 'round actually).

~amy~ said...

welcome home! What a great card for this week's JB challenge! Lovin' all your paper choices!

lauren bergold said...

june is back! june is back! ♥HOORAY♥!!! and already in with a FAB♥U♥LOUS "text me" card! i love that you cut the letters out of that cute text paper...and then that the "O" is a scalloppy frame...BRILLIANT! everything about this is cool, actually!

ps: can't wait to hear more about the BEE-treat! :)

Deb Hickman said...

Great card, love the fun papers you've used.xxx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is stunning, and very festive too!

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

Oh, my word. A word made out of paper with words on it. BRILLIANT!

I've never taken the train to FL, but I think it might be fun to try some time. I could drive to my destination from Orlando. Did you guys get a sleeper car?

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I'm with Lauren and all her happiness! So glad you're back, so glad you're creating already, so glad you had such a great time!!!!

Just Me said...

BEAUTIFUL card!! TFS!

jacirascrap said...

Simplesmente elegante é relmente o seu blog! Obrigada por me escrever!

Rosemary said...

Fun happy card, love the colors and yes, very clever to use text paper to create the sentiment! Glad you had such a nice time on your getaway.

Lorraine said...

Look at you - text within text - wow! Great idea and beautiful card.

Candy said...

I too missed last week's Jingle Belles challenge :(
This card is so cute... love the Christmas bulbs DP!
Plaese visit my blog, I have an award for you!!! :-)

www.stampinwithcandy.blogspot.com