Saturday, February 5, 2011

MFT & copic Papercraft Star

This may be one of my scrappiest cards ever :) Flopsey was stamped and colored more than a year ago! When I cut the scalloped oval, I accidentally cut too close to the edge and got some of the text label; fortunately it is Core'dinations card stock, so I sanded it off. Then I cut the red layer and my paper slid and cut off 3 of the tips, so I hand trimmed it down and added the navy half layer.

These scraps have been laying around all of this time. Then I saw this week's Papercraft Star challenge (copic & MFT) and the MFT Wednesday sketch and I decided today Flopsey needed a home! Now that I sorted all of my ribbons and buttons by color (vs. by manufacturer), crafting is easier for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely adorable!! OMGosh, it's so ironic that you'd go through such creative faux pas that you had to deal with because that happened to me with the exploding box's first inner layer - my measurements are so hosed that I totally had to compensate for them. Those scraps are beautiful, great job on using those!!! I truly wish I'd had you on the BatPhone right before I got that tetanus shot!!!

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

This is a PREFECT example of "I meant to do that." And YAY for using some UFOs!!

Kard Queen said...

Hurray to you! This is a beautiful card--everything is picture perfect!

Girlsinthecraft said...

Way to rip out a quick card! Love when it all comes together like that and you get to use something you put so much work into long ago---yay!