Monday, February 14, 2011

Sweet Treat Cups Teacher Gifts - Happy Valentine's Day!!!

I had some mass-production goin' on this weekend. It actually only took me 3 hours to make 12 of these cards for the daughters' bus driver, teachers, ST, OT, and the school secretaries...these people who help care for my dds and make our lives a little easier. (The little milk carton "Got Love?" is Sue's idea; she is my SU rep and we made them at her January stamp camp.)
I actually ordered the stamp set and heart sweet treat cups last year. But we had snow, snow, and more snow and my dds were out of school from February 5th-15th. I made a group "spring gift" instead. Remember my "Teacher Survival Kit" inspired by my DT sister, Jana Eubank? Yeah, the teachers loved it and they are still using it (the candy has been refilled dozens of times now.) I made these treat cup cards this year and I will deliver them in a couple of hours. I even decorated the inside:
See the "trap door"? The teachers will pull the tab to access the candy. Many of the other card ideas I have seen involved destroying the card to get to the candy. I got this idea from Jenni, who has a super easy video tutorial here. Thank you, Jenni!!!

If you need a really easy last minute gift today, check out Betty's paper basket tutorial at Betty Bee's Buzz. Quick and fabulous; I promise!

5 comments:

Shauna K said...

these turned out super cute!! love the tab idea- the heart border inside is a great touch :D

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

I never mastered the trap door. I'll have to go look at the tutorial. Thanks!

PS: I'm secretly kinda glad all my kids are grown and I don't have to do teachers' gifts. Oh, the pressure! :/

Anonymous said...

Holy bajoly, I sit in awe of these creations! Girl, that was alot of work and alot of gorgeous, that is beyond inspiring!! And last year's project, wowza!!! That is buhh-rilliant!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, me again! Still in awe of these!! No, I don't have lots of time on my hands, just think these are crazy cool!

lauren bergold said...

OOF! ok, #1: you are ♥THE QUEEN♥ of mass producing and making every single one look like it's a perfect ONLY ONE! #2: loooooooooooove love LOVE these!!! #3: phew! i was actually realllllllly worried about the candy, b/c OF COURSE i would want to eat it but there's no way i could wreck the card! you are a genius! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ (ps: happy belated V-day to you and dh/DH and those sweet little valentines of yours!) :)