Saturday, May 9, 2015

The Crooked Stamper Sketch Challenge

Wow, I went back to my stamping roots today when I created this card.  I began stamping in the late 1990s...before patterned paper made a big splash.  Back then kraft card stock was popular, silver and gold were popular, we stamped our own backgrounds, and the layering was simple.  Then kraft was no longer popular, and heavy layers and metal embellishments (eyelets and mesh) made their debut.  Then they phased out, but now it seems that most of these trends are resurfacing.  And it makes me happy because I am using some really old stash that has not seen any love in a long while.

I was inspired by the May sketch challenge at The Crooked Stamper:
To play along, click here:  The Crooked Stamper Sketch Challenge #4.
I stamped this Hero Arts image multiple times in a soft wheat ink (Memories) on sandstone card stock. Then I inked the flower in vineyard berry and sea foam inks (both CTMH).  My sentiment is stamped and embossed in gold.

Happy Saturday!

8 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Stunning! I love going back in time to when things were simpler. Thanks for playing my challenge!!!!!

Georgiana said...

I am glad the old style is coming back! This is great!

~amy~ said...

perfect!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING that flower!!!!!

Windy Hills said...

Lovely and simplistic!

Sherrie K. said...

Soooo pretty!! Love the colors and design:)
Sherrie K

Scrapper69 said...

Ahhh.... the good old days of crafting!! Sometimes I miss it.. sometimes I don't! HA! But your card is simply lovely! LOVE the background! :) Have a great day! :)


Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the subtle background stamping!! Beautiful card, June!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts