Tuesday, July 10, 2007

{Caardvarks} 6x6 card & Oldies

Is this a blast from the past? When I first became a stamper (~10 years ago, scrapbooking for 4 years), decorative scissors, corregated paper, and using UTEE was "in". A lot of work for one image! Remember, this was before my girls were born. Since then I have had a more practical approach; less stamping, more dp. I still love to stamp! I just don't seem to get around to it as often. I made it one of my 2007 goals to get back to my stamping roots. Anyway, I've been seeing a lot more corregated paper again, so I guess it is cycling around again?

Recipe: card base is black, inked direct to paper with metallic pigment ink pads, and edged with my gold Pilot pen. Two mats are also blck cs, one metallic blue, and one a mustard corregated paper. Main image: pigment ink, UTEE, and part of a stamp made by Judikins (on a piece of a cardboard box!). I finger painted her with rub'n buff paints. Then I edged the cardboard square with red line tape, and adhered tiny beads to all four sides. The card base matches nicely, but in the picture the blue metallics appear much brighter.

3 comments:

Ingrid said...

What a beautiful card. Great technique!

Ila said...

This is lovely! I've never tried that technique...it really looks rich!

Tracy said...

june this is pretty stinkin cool! friday i wanna see this card in person (if you haven't sent it off to some lucky person!) - it is really beautiful and i love utee, beads and corrugated anything! actually i was very suprised since it didn't seem like a june card - but then i only have known you since the girls were here right? excellent missy!