Friday, June 20, 2008

A scrap of ribbon inspiration


I knew I had very little time to create yesterday. I sat at my table, pondering whether or not to make one or two extra anniversary cards (see previous post) to sell at Greenberry's. I looked up at my beautiful MM shelf and saw this lavendar polka dot scrap of ribbon in my scrap ribbon jar. Then I spun my recycled spice rack to look at my small primas. These (Got Flowers?) coordinated best. Then I went through my file of 12x12 slab papers and pulled these two sheets of dp. I hand drew the flower stems with an SU! marker. I outlined the white cs with my Prismacolor silver paint pen to tie in with the silver brads. I think I'll make a set of six to max out the dp; I'll just need to find a different ribbon, since this scrap was just long enough to make this little bow.

6 comments:

Yvette said...

I love it when a plan (card) comes together so easily :o) Very pretty!

Tracy said...

now that is just the prettiest little card EVER! so sweet and perfect - i love it!

Kristie said...

That is a simply gorgeous card Miss June. I am glad that you did use at least a 'scrap' of ribbon on it...I was surprised that you cut into FULL sheets of DP though :) Love it!!

SmilynStef said...

Don't you just love when inspiration strikes from the smallest things ... gorgeous card.

Corie said...

Just beautiful -- love it

lauren bergold said...

i LOVE how you can develop a whole set of 6 GORGEOUS cards...all from seeing...a 2" scrap of ribbon! you're AMAZING!!!!!!!