Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenges # 28: Home Sweet Home

Quote: "Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts." Oliver Wendell Holmes

When I saw this challenge yesterday at Cuttlebug Challenges, I knew I had a house somewhere in my stash. I found it! I actually had two of them. First I cut out one house from the sheet (from O Scrap!). Then I cut the heart and the tree from the other house, then popped them both up on the first house.

It needed more dimension. Hmmm...I used my Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip marker and doodled around the door, roof, added a door knob, and distressed the edge of the tree and heart.

The frame was also cut from the sheet. I found scrap cardstock in my scrap bags. I took the tan cardstock down to my computer and googled "home quotes". I found this quote, and printed it out. Then I scored the quote on each side to give it some dimension. For the olive cardstock I knew I wanted to use hearts to tie in with the heart on the house. Time for a field trip to JoAnn's to buy the hearts embossing folder :)

So what do you think? It came together so quickly! I wish that happened more often :) And you know I love using old stash!

12 comments:

Rosemary said...

What a cool looking card!!..Love the funky looking house and tree!!..the heart embossing was a perfect choice for your sentiment!!
thank you for taking the challenge at cuttlebugchallenge11

Girlsinthecraft said...

How sweet. I love how you used the CB heart ef as a background to the house! :) .........d

Jenn K said...

Love this little house card!! Great job! A+

Allison said...

this is so sweet
Thanks for playing this week
Cuttlehugs
Allisonx

lauren bergold said...

well i must say you ARE clever...this is SOOOO NOT a card that screams, "old stash"!!! not AT ALL!!! very cool, very creative! :)

Mrs J said...

Ooooh June, I love this! Gorgeous colours, beautiful house, great embossing and a sweet sentiment! The perfect ingredients for a beautiful creation! Thanks for playing along with us again this week at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/
Hugs Mrs Jx

Unknown said...

Oh beautiful! I love the soft muted colors!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Your card is amazing to say the least! I would love to see your take on an Unscripted Sketch, hope you can stop by tomorrow for a new sketch! Beth aka BR-T

Nancy Sanders said...

I really love your card, it is so cute. The quote you used is my favorite quote about home...I made a little plaque with the quote. Now thanks to you I know who originated the quote!

lauriewe said...

I love the card- I really liked to see that I am not the only one that starts a project with old and then has to go buy something new! I have my eye on the weathered stripes folder!

Kristie said...

This is gorgeous June! Love the house...it's so cool! You rock :)

Meda said...

Wow! That house is the cuttest!
Thank you for joining this challenge at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog Meda