Friday, April 17, 2009

Mother's Day Card


I got the idea to make this card from my friend, Kaye, who made her card with our friend, Tamra. I believe their cards were in Stampin' Up! So Saffron, and they chose a Stampin' Up! sentiment and punch (I don't recall what they used.)
I went to Sue's monthly stamp camp on Wednesday of this week, where we get to play with Sue's Stampin' Up! toys. I used her embossing folder on vellum, then cut around the two blooms. I attached the vellum along the cut edge with a little dab of Scotch quick dry adhesive. Then I punched the holes for the ribbon (also a SU! punch), then tied the ribbon (SU! Certainly Celery).
My sentiment is a stamp from My Favorite Things that I stamped in Certainly Celery, then die cut with my Nestibilities Labels Four.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

I love this!! I just got that folder last week! Will have to try this - what an elegant look!

And, you are now officially one of my RSF's (real stamping friends)!! Anyone who will pass on a prize to give me better odds is pretty special!! *smiles*

Leslie Hanna said...

Ooooh, very pretty! I caved when I bought the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set, but I am not getting the embossing thing-a-ma-bob, so I am jealous you got to use one. I love the idea of cutting around the flowers, too.

I have plans to hit Angela's tomorrow. I always plan to run in, pay for what they have for me behind the counter, and then run back out, but it never works. Blinders, I need me some BLINDERS. Sigh, I suspect I will spend way too much - AGAIN, but at least I am using some of the stuff I got last time. :-)

Kristie said...

This is so lovely June. Soft and sweet and very, very elegant. I just love it ♥

lauren bergold said...

oooooooooooooooooooh indeed! and "HUBBA HUBBA" even! yikes this is COOOOOOOOL! i am loving the embossed & cut-out-around vellum...but really...this card is much more than the sum of its (unassailably awesome) parts! ♥