Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Be Inspired #87- Paint!

Our challenge this week at Cuttlebug Challenge blog is to use paint. My immediately thought to use some of my 12x12 transparency layover sheets for a scrapbook page, then highlight a word or phrase by applying paint. For my LO, I painted behind "SLEEPING LIKE A BABY". I cut out stars then embossed them with my Provo Craft Cuttlebug Stars embossing folder.

When I completed the LO, I wanted to label the pictures with their names. I noticed the space above the bottom right star, and decided to use my alpha rub-ons for their names. I did not realize I had used all of the lower case a and y...I purposely used a lower case k for Kathryn to sort of create a uni-font. Did I succeed?

Other Supplies:
transparency sheet: Daisy Ds Sleep
card stock: darkest blue (Bazzill), maize & slate blue (both smooth card stock)
2 blue eyelets (stash)
Funky with Fibers (mustard)
Alphabet rub-ons by Making Memories (providence font)
Folk Art acrylic paint (buttercrunch)

13 comments:

Girlsinthecraft said...

What a great idea June. It turned out wonderfully. Love how you embossed the stars. And the mixing of upper and lower case alphas is not only brillant for problem solving but creates and adorable 'random' lettering look that I just love!

Windy Hills said...

Your page is so creative, and the girls soooooo sweet!

Kay said...

Marvelous use of the transparency! This is an adorable layout and I can't stop looking at the precious, precious photos!! SOOO sweet!!!!! ♥♥ Kay

Bonnie McLain said...

A great page June... Love the girls with their faces kissing each other.. love the entire page..very creatively done... TFS.

ellen s. said...

gorgeous gorgeous! love how fun those photos are, too!

Roberta said...

Wow June I have a bunch of these transparencies (just had to have them...lol :) and never used them so love this idea with the painted backgrounds to go with them. I haven't scrapbooked in a while but I'd love to try this and perhaps hang them in shadowbox frames! Have a great week, fondly, Roberta

leslie said...

I love the mixed fonts! It looks like you did that on purpose! :)

WV: untats
When you make a mistake while tatting, you un-tat. I do a lot of untats.

Kard Queen said...

This is a wonderful, whimsical presentation, and your daughters are beautiful. I'm sure you have some proud grandparents.

Shantaie said...

Im among the masses that cannot keep their eyes off of those precious photos!!!

Great LO, great job on this!!! {heart}

Anonymous said...

Beautiful LO June,your babies are `gorgeous`love the photo`s,
Hope you all had a fab B`day lotsa loves:)x

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Beautiful! And those pictures are as sweet as can be!

Paula Puckett said...

My Lord, how beautiful...and the LO isn't bad either :). Seriously, your girls are simply beautiful, probably just like Mom (don't tell Dad I said that)! I love the way you used the blue colors in the LO. How did you get all that work done with those 2 little angels? God bless you, dear!

Anonymous said...

Way coooooooool!! I love this layout!!!