Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Key to my Heart

I created this little valentine with scraps of paper, glittery chipboard bits, and scrap ribbon. I used my no-thinking-go-to sketch: designer paper across the middle, ribbon above, main image center (or there about!)

I had these elements out on my table last Saturday, but ended up with this Christmas card instead :) On that tangent, when a holiday is nearing (in this case, Valentine's Day), do you tire of the holiday a week or more before it actually arrives after creating cards/LOs/ gifts for that specific occasion? I think that is why I made the Christmas card...just to have a break from my current total focus on Valentine's Day.

I created this card for The Order of the Opus Gluei challenge #87- Key to your Heart.

7 comments:

Jana said...

June - I'm thinking I LOVE your no-thinking-go-to-sketch. It's lovely and perfect for Valentines. Thanks so much for playing with us at OPUS GLUEI.

Shauna K said...

awww this is so pretty! i love the three gems and the two hearts are lovely :D by the week of the holidays I don't like I do tend to get sick of them... especially when stores start putting out decor like 4 months early! It's crazy!!

Casii said...

Awesome go-to sketch! Love the way it worked to create a beautiful card.

Rosemary said...

I'm so glad you found us at Opus Gluei - welcome welcome!!! For a go-to sketch, this has a very fresh and fun feel! I really like the elements and I know what you mean about sometimes needing a break from having a little holiday overload!

Hope you return and participate in future challenges with us!

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

I'm just doing the Opus Gluei blog hop and I love your creation, your go-to sketch is fab, and I totally agree on wanting to do alternate cards once a holiday starts getting close :)

Anonymous said...

Jeepers, once again you pull off something amazing for Vday!! Absolutely love how easy it was to put together!!

Girlsinthecraft said...

Too danged cute---wow, you are working overtime girl! Keep running into you all over blogland--ha!