Thursday, July 4, 2013

Little Tangles Challenge: Nation's Birthday


  It's time for another bi-monthly challenge at Little Tangles!  The challenge theme is Birthday.  I interpreted the challenge as our Nation's birthday card.  And I used my newest Neat and Tangled "Sketchy Cupcakes" stamp set:

  My papers and ric-rac are by American Crafts.  I paper-pieced the cupcake and I stamped the birthday sentiment with Impress "Indigo Blue" ink.  I added glossy accents to the icing for dimension.

  I hope I have inspired YOU to create a Birthday card.  Link your creation up in the next two weeks at Little Tangles challenge blog.  See you there!

  I hope you enjoy a happy and safe July 4th.

12 comments:

Georgiana said...

Super cute. I have not paper pieced before, but this makes me want to try! Happy 4th of July to you!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful! LOVING that cupcake!!!

Migdalia said...

Beautiful!!!
Happy 4th of July.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

~amy~ said...

yahoooooooooo for cupcakes!!!!!

Lisa said...

This is adorable!! The papers are so pretty!! The cupcake is fabulous!! Have a safe and happy 4th of July :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Linda Breedlove said...

SOooo cute!
Happy July 4th, June!

Adriana B said...

lovely detail on this card :)

Joyce said...

Your paper pieced cupcake is just so cute. This is a very sweet birthday card.

Rose said...

yummy :)

Ren-Yi said...

This is clearly July Fourth material. what a great way to celebrate our nation's birthday. i looks so yummilicious and your paper piecing technique is amazing.

Ren-Yi said...

This is clearly July Fourth material. what a great way to celebrate our nation's birthday. i looks so yummilicious and your paper piecing technique is amazing.

Shelly said...

Love this June! The cupcake is awesome and so is the paper :)

Happy Thursday my friend!
Shelly