Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Doubly Challenged & Out of My Box


Last night I saw Kazan's Sketch #3 on 2 Sketches 4 You. It's a great sketch, and I figured the card would come together quickly...NOT! But it is finished now. I'm still "Thinking Pink", thanks to caardvarks' current challenge.
A month or so ago I was at ACMoore looking for something to use my 50% coupon on. I tried to use it on the pink felt fusion (seen on this card), but it was on clearance for 50% off even though the signage indicated it was full price. I have been wanting to try the felt, but I must admit I haven't been crazy about it until I've seen some of my favorite blogs use it. So this was my first try.
I also would not normally purchase this particular dp, but it was given to me ~a year ago for attending a crop. I don't turn down free scrapbooking supplies :) So, yes, I cut into a sheet of 12x12 to make this card!
I have also admired Lauren's grunge flowers (okay, so I admire pretty much everything Lauren makes!) She actually posted a tutorial today on her blog ...all the GOOD blog names were taken... Isn't she awesome? Check it out then come back, okay?
Recipe for this card: American Crafts double-sided paper, black cs scraps, MM brads (hot pink), Bazzill brads (red), Queen & Co. felt fusion, and the sentiment is a Great Impressions stamp.

17 comments:

Kazan Clark said...

Absolutely beautiful - the pink & black is really gorgeous together

Created With Paper said...

That was a good idea to use the Queen & Co felt like that:)

louise said...

Fabulous card, I love the colours and how you have made everything come together.

Krista B. said...

Beautiful card. I love how you used the Queen & Co. felt : )

Lisa642 said...

Beautiful card, great color combo. Funny, I was going to use the Q&Co. felt the same way on mine, but went in a different direction instead!!

SmilynStef said...

Look at you making your own grunge flowers ... so perfect wiht the felt ... love your card.

Kristie Morrison said...

That card is sooooo cool! I can definitely see the Lauren influence there...but who doesn't want to be Lauren when they grow up?

PS: I can't believe you actually cut up MORE full 12x12...now I want to see what you make with the scraps!!!!

Rach said...

gorgeous card, love how the colours work so well together. well done. xx

Terrie B x said...

Oh I love your card it`s really funky...love the bold colours:)x

lauren said...

OMG!!!!!! this is FANTABULOUS!!! i loooOOOoooove it! and i am thrilled/flattered to think i would be in any way responsible for inspirin' any part of this lovely creation! btw, i love the idea of using the QKR to fabricate the grunge flowers--you can make MORE and faster that way! (i am SO gonna wind up with a cuttlebug eventually...i keep seeing the way you use dies...yeah, i'm gonna cave any minute!!!)

(ps: that was 6-30, ok?!?) :)

alicaz said...

really nice.. I love those felt fusions.. but I never seen them used on a card..looks great :)

Ingrid said...

OMG! Your card is gorgeous, June. A great take on the sketch. I love the colors that you used.

All Pink girl said...

Wow what a gorgeous card ,love it ,Dawnx

Laura Davis said...

This is beautiful!!! I love the color combo!
Laura

Tracy said...

this looks even better in person! ;-)

Lea L. said...

Very pretty!! I love how you used the felt! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Kristen said...

I love the hot pink and the colors you used. The felt fusion is such a great touch. Beautiful card!!