So I'm not getting any mojo looking at those masculine scraps, so I cleaned them up and put them back in the scrap bag. On my table I still had this one pink/green Bazzill flower (QK Revolution die) I had leftover from a set of Birthday cards I made last month. I had run out of the dp and could only make 5 birthday cards, but I had 6 flowers. I looked through all my 12x12 dps and pulled out this stripe dp (Creative Imaginations). I had a large scrap piece (okay, so mostly no scraps) of pink Bazzill in my pink/red Bazzill scrap bag and created the base card. Then I cut the stripe CI dp. I still have pangs of guilt when I cut a sheet of 12x12 dp...especially if it one I really like. It seemed a little dull, so I painted the edges of the dp and flower with white acrylic paint. I wrapped white grossgrain around, then used a CI "thanks." rub-on. Even though I knew in my head this would be a simply designed card (for a teacher...the end of the school year is almost upon us), this card looks better IRL than it did in my head. I love when that happens. I really like this card.
Then I decided to try to run the DCWV base card (front only) through the Cuttlebug embossing folder. I think if I do this again I will only run it through the top half of the card, because the e.f. is a little smaller that an A2 card. I also have an unopened pack of large Bazzill chip flowers. I pulled one out and put an SU! cs sticker in the middle. Still boring. Then I got out an SU! circle stamp and marker and stamped on a scrap of white Bazzill (okay, so maybe it is impossible for me to make a card with absolutely no scrap!) I glued the circle sentiment to a metal rimmed tag (Staples) and popped up on dimensionals. Hmmm...still needed something. I decided to paper pierce the Bazzill chip flower and use a tiny silver brad to go with the metal rimmed tag. Better, but this card looked better in my head than IRL.